Aug 2-3 National Holiday, bars closed?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Re: Aug 2-3 National Holiday, bars closed?

Post by uncle tom »

It is already done by many of us and of course if you know where to go there are places that openly serve drinks.
Yes, having been to HH many times, I know a couple of bars that are prevailed upon to operate as a speak-easy on those days, but I feel a bit guilty that I don't often frequent them on other occasions, and would feel even more guilty if one got busted.

And as it would not be advisable to name those bars on this site, it doesn't help the great majority of visitors to the town.

On the other hand, an open-door BYO party could be held on such days, and publicised as such.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

uncle tom wrote:
It is already done by many of us and of course if you know where to go there are places that openly serve drinks.
Yes, having been to HH many times, I know a couple of bars that are prevailed upon to operate as a speak-easy on those days, but I feel a bit guilty that I don't often frequent them on other occasions, and would feel even more guilty if one got busted.

And as it would not be advisable to name those bars on this site, it doesn't help the great majority of visitors to the town.

On the other hand, an open-door BYO party could be held on such days, and publicised as such.
AND how many girls would you be taking?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Sukku
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sukku »

Hello again,

well I am a tourist and I don't mind if there are few days when a bar is closed.

In fact my boy-friend and I have been to Hua Hin twice now and never visited any bar yet - and maybe won't in the future either.

There are enough clubs and bars in my hometown.. but there are no nice beaches or enough warm days to jump into a pool or swim in the sea.. so we are more up for something like that.
(and for eating strange food that is way to expensive in Germany. ..like Durian :naughty: )

I already thought Hua Hin is a place for Thai Families to spent their holidays and that there wouldn't be so much foreign tourists.. but perhaps we choose the "wrong" hotel?
(I really like beeing the only foreign tourist in that specific hotel, because it really has a nice and clean pool and the thai families seem to be too shy to use it - so we have it for ourselfs the whole time 8) .
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

AND how many girls would you be taking?
Two girls are company, three's a crowd..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I disagree. They have to be adept at shift work :naughty:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Sydman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sydman »

Big Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum Sydman.

The centre of town will almost certainly be dark and dry. However, the further out of town you venture, the more chance you will have of finding some company. You might have to drink out of a disused soft drinks can (you might get a tea cup if you're really lucky), but you'll find something.

Welcome to Hua Hin :D
Thanks for the replies everyone!!

Any chance of a hint about which direction out of town to go?? or a PM maybe.

I better bring a bottle of something from Bangkok with me just in case.

One more thing, is there a multiquote feature on this forum for replying?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Sydman wrote:

Go West young man also many street vendors in the night market will be selling
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

I disagree. They have to be adept at shift work
And we all know which shift you're interested in.. 8)
Sydman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sydman »

richard wrote:
Sydman wrote:

Do you mean near the bus station? or further west?
I've never been to Hua Hin so i'm not sure of the lay of the land
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Sydman wrote:
richard wrote:
Sydman wrote:

I've never been to Hua Hin so i'm not sure of the lay of the land
Richards hinting at over the Railway line, but anywhere except Bintabaht you'll be able to find a drink, ask a taxi/motosai.
Sydman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sydman »

[/quote]

Go West young man also many street vendors in the night market will be selling[/quote]

I've never been to Hua Hin so i'm not sure of the lay of the land[/quote]

Richards hinting at over the Railway line, but anywhere except Bintabaht you'll be able to find a drink, ask a taxi/motosai.[/quote]

Thanks BaaBaa
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Sydman wrote:

Go West young man also many street vendors in the night market will be selling[/quote]

I've never been to Hua Hin so i'm not sure of the lay of the land[/quote]

Richards hinting at over the Railway line, but anywhere except Bintabaht you'll be able to find a drink, ask a taxi/motosai.[/quote]

Thanks BaaBaa[/quote]

Go to http://www.maphuahin.com/ as well, and switch to satellite view. In any view, click on the camera icon on Soi 72 (follow on from soi 57) concerning the night market. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sydman wrote:a PM maybe.
You need 10 posts to be able to send and/or receive PMs.
Sydman wrote:One more thing, is there a multiquote feature on this forum for replying?
I've never heard of a 'multiquote feature'. However, to quote, there is a button in the bottom right hand corner of the post that you want to quote.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I've seen many forums with 'multiquote' but I've never tried it out. To be honest, I don't see how it can be any simpler than manually editing the quote tags.
Sydman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sydman »

prcscct wrote:
Go to ... as well, and switch to satellite view. In any view, click on the camera icon on Soi 72 (follow on from soi 57) concerning the night market. Pete :cheers:
Thanks prcsct, i'll check that out.
Pleng wrote:I've seen many forums with 'multiquote' but I've never tried it out. To be honest, I don't see how it can be any simpler than manually editing the quote tags.
I've worked it out. On this software, after you reply you can add more quotes by pressing the relevant quote button at the bottom of screen.
The forums with multiquote you press the buttons as you are reading the thread. When you reply all are included.