Dangerous Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

TrueorFalse wrote: Should ban all racists.
Yes you are quite right Mr false.

Are you thinking of me or my very good friend Wij?
Wij is not a racist but a very nice man!!
If you however is pointing your finger in my direction, then I think only one person can settle this.
You may pm me for more information.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

TRUE OR FALSE What are your intentions ?

are you attempting to prevoke a situation ?
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
flyboy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by flyboy »

Being a white caucasian, being called a farang is no problem for me. It's a lot better than some of the names we are called in other parts of the world!! :wink:
Dirkepirk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dirkepirk »

flyboy wrote: It's a lot better than some of the names we are called in other parts of the world!! :wink:
We caucasians should realize what a comfort it is that we are rarely refused based on our skin colour alone.
If being called a farang is the 'most racist' thing we can complain about, we should count our blessings.
flyboy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by flyboy »

I'm not sure I would consider the term farang as "racist". Many Thai's I know or have met do not use the expression in a derogoratory or insulting way but as a means of identifying you as non asian.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Unless they know your name.
Then it's bad.
Wesu

Post by Wesu »

If they know your name, you can be "Jack" even better "Khun Jack", but if you still are called farang with a tone of voice like talking about dog, then it's probably like that...
When I get lonely and I'm sure I've had enough
She sends her comfort coming in from above
We don't need a letter at all
We got a thing that's called... Radar love...
designer
Rookie
Rookie

fighting in pubs

Post by designer »

Hi there ;will you e mail me the name of the pub with all the bother boys
so I and my girlfriend can avoid the place,Went back to england a couple of years ago Nottingham you cannot go into the sqare now after dark mobs of those twats roaming around looking for trouble,Dont want them in Hua Hin .I live in nice peacful capetown ha ha .regards Anthony :guns:
may the wind be always at your back
lfc3acmilan3

farang- derogatory or neutral.

Post by lfc3acmilan3 »

in my month in thailand i found that being called a "farang" was either neutral, or borderline racist. the bar girls from buriram never called me that name, and when i once referred to myself as a farang the girl i was with corrected me and said," no say farang, farang not good" i was insulted once by a thai local as i was walking back with a bar girl as," you fat fu***ng farang" i pointed to the girl and said," yeah but im gonna be........ with her in 10 minutes, what the f**k are you gonna be doing" from that moment i took it as an insult, but you get it used affectionately, like when the girls offer you food," you eaten yet farang" or one time when i was waylaid by 2 street hookers and tried to walk away by the fishermans pier," ahh, you on holiday on your own, you walk alone" i replied," yes, im going back to my hotel now, alone" the older one jumped out in front of me and said," why you walk alone farang you lornlyyyy" that was one of the funniest things i have ever heard in my life. but i ended up taking her mate back anyway, due to the fact she looked a bit hard nosed. in conclusion, i think the use of farang by thais is racist due to the fact it can be used insultingly. in future i think i will be asking the thais not to use it, in a polite way. however, its a shame, because it is a brilliant sounding word.
lfc3acmilan3

dangerous hua hin!

Post by lfc3acmilan3 »

i found hua hin had a definate undercurrent to it, and im from a dodgy part of liverpool. it seems to be organised as well to a certain extent, but i wouldnt like to speculate as to how. its certainly to the detriment of the place, but its still safe as long as you stay out of it all.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

This thread should be dead and buried. It was started (as has already been commented by a regular poster) by a schizophrenic maniac who is bent on causing as much mental grief to complete strangers as he can.

Also as Oe pointed out ages ago what does it matter. Call someone by their name, ignore their ethnicity, race or religion and make the judgement based on the individual.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
lfc3acmilan3

guess the shrink!

Post by lfc3acmilan3 »

its funny how you can lay an advanced medical condition like schizophrenia on someone you havent even met. thats good going that mate. by the way, i was being sarcastic. the scourge of this century so far, is not war, drugs, famine or anything obvious, its psychology, so please stop using medical phrases to describe peoples actions. it takes 3 doctors months to label someone with a tag like that, so just call them a bit of a crank, or obviously eccentric!
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: guess the shrink!

Post by caller »

lfc3acmilan3 wrote:its funny how you can lay an advanced medical condition like schizophrenia on someone you havent even met. thats good going that mate. by the way, i was being sarcastic. the scourge of this century so far, is not war, drugs, famine or anything obvious, its psychology, so please stop using medical phrases to describe peoples actions. it takes 3 doctors months to label someone with a tag like that, so just call them a bit of a crank, or obviously eccentric!
So with your posts so far, what tag shall you be given? Not sure those in Lebanon, Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan et al will agree with you either - and how do you know Guess and others haven't met the O/P? What ailment is being described by your use of the word "tossers" for those who choose the Hilton as their place of abode in HH - quite a few who are members of this forum.

Black, pot and kettle spring to mind here?
Talk is cheap
lfc3acmilan3

Post by lfc3acmilan3 »

good call guru, but as ive explained before, tosser is just a light insult with no connotations, while schizophrenic is a medical term for a severe mental illness, leading to suicide. my point was that it is not an insult. im sick and tired of people inthis day and age using medical terms in everyday parlance. people used to be eccentric, or scatty. now they are "mentally ill" and go on pills. this is represented by the large numbers of averagely built men with bitch tits (a side effect of anti deppresants) i particularly hate backpackers on their year out from uni, who think they know it all, looking down their noses at men with bar girls, and you just know if they didnt have their birds with them they would be going with them theirselves! they also sit in the bars of guesthouses in big groups nusrsing one beer all night.