Dog day care

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
abigail
Rookie
Rookie

Dog day care

Post by abigail »

Anyone thought of doing that? I have 2 labs and have a background of dog rescue in Hong Kong. 13 rescued and placed only with the best ,I do check in with them, and they are all fine. One I had a doubt about, so went back and he was not a happy boy. He was out of there . I know how difficult it is to trust anyone with your babys. Would love your feed back. I am looking around 5th Feb to start home care.
apinansukpeng
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Dog day care

Post by apinansukpeng »

Need more info only if your serious. My email jgamble283@gmail.com My name J.G.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

abigail wrote:Would love your feed back. I am looking around 5th Feb to start home care.
What exactly is it you're wanting to do? Take care of other people's dogs in your home? Or go to other people's houses to take care of them?
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

...and this is posted in Foo, because...?
abigail
Rookie
Rookie

Post by abigail »

What is FOO, I will take care of other peoples dogs in our home. Because no one helped me out in Hua Hin when I needed help with my dogs, If you have an attitade with that, you are a sad person.
Pedro C
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pedro C »

abigail wrote:What is FOO, I will take care of other peoples dogs in our home. Because no one helped me out in Hua Hin when I needed help with my dogs, If you have an attitade with that, you are a sad person.
I would be hezitant in trusting my dog with a person with the above attitade.
So, I may be a "sad" person! :cry:
Life is short. Especially for those of us who have most of our future behind us.
apinansukpeng
Amateur
Amateur

Post by apinansukpeng »

wpcoe wrote:...and this is posted in Foo, because...?
Appologies for late response. Family illness within family. I am a private nurse and had to take my mother in law in
for care recently. Everything is fine now. I love to take care of doggies and cats (homecare) in their own homes (in their own terrritory). I do daytime only and can be on call 24/7 My email is jgamble283@gmail.com When you get here in February please do not hesitate to contact me through my email. I have been living here in Hua Hin for three years now.

God Bless have a great day... JG
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

abigail wrote:What is FOO, I will take care of other peoples dogs in our home. Because no one helped me out in Hua Hin when I needed help with my dogs, If you have an attitade with that, you are a sad person.
Presumably you're not Thai and going to be doing this without a work permit so I'll give you a bit of advice (if either of the above are incorrect then the advice should still be taken out of courtesy anyway):

I would be very sure to check with your neighbours; that's not just your next door neighbours - I mean everybody who has to pass your house to get to theirs - to ensure that they don't mind what you are planning to do. Not everybody on this planet is a dog lover. There are people who just plain don't like dogs, not to mention some people are put out by them, feel threatened by them. If you're doing this without a work permit then it would be VERY easy for one of your neighbours to pay a quick visit to immigration and have the problem dealt with.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Contact Dawn or Lindosfan who reside on this forum for advice
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Good advice from Pleng. There are many people, both Thai and Farang who don't share your love of dogs. If your venture proves to be a nuisance for your neighbors, and you're doing it illegally, you'll be lining yourself up for a disaster. Even if you do everything legally, barking dogs can drive many people to do unpleasant things.

My wife and I lived next door to Dawn and her Mom in Takiap, and they had a load of dogs on there property. We knew that when we moved in, and to be honest, the barking never bothered me one bit. Another neighbor however threatened to poison the dogs. A nasty threat, but then again, him and his wife had paid a few million baht for their home where they stayed for about three months of the year. It was bought as a holiday home, and prior to all the dogs, so in a way, one can understand their resentment.

Anyway, good luck, but for your own sake, tread carefully. Things can get nasty here, and I think that's why Richard has suggested that you speak to Dawn since she's seen it firsthand.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

As far as I can see, the OP is proposing a dog care business, not a dog rescue centre.

Even if she's planning to do this completely free of charge, it will still be work and will require a work permit. I can't see any room for manoeuvre there at all.

Speaking to Dawn might well be a good idea, but as far as I know, she hasn't been an active member for at least 3 years and is living in Hong Kong or the UK or somewhere.
This is the way
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

dtaai-maai
You are right on the work permit, and like you I think it is a dog care business. When I worked with Dawn I did not have a work permit :oops: but took a chance to help Dawn and the dogs. Initially because I had transport for food and dogs etc, than then developed into helping with the dogs.
Where I lived no other falangs close to me, and I never had any stray dogs round the house.
The big danger is that somebody either falang or Thai will get upset with what you are doing and inform the authorities. I think her danger would be if anybody is running a dog kennels for looking after pets they would get annoyed that they may be losing business. Sorry if that seems negative but TIT.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.