Where to buy a decent helmet in Hua Hin?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
buksida

Where to buy a decent helmet in Hua Hin?

Post by buksida »

I need a replacement lid, looked around at a few places and they're mostly plastic ice-cream boxes or lids that are too big.

Ideally a Shoei but I've never seen them here, the Index lids are pretty good also, something like this:
http://www.indexhelmet.com/street/Model ... index.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Where to buy a decent helmet in Hua Hin?

Post by dtaai-maai »

I've only gazed wistfully through the window, and I wasn't looking at the helmets, but there's a Harley shop at the back of the Grand Market opposite the entrance to the Grand Hotel that might be worth a look.
This is the way
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I have a couple of almost new helmets one full face and the other motor cross style, pm me email address for pictures and info if any use to you, you're welcome to have one any idea on the size of your head :D .
I will post within the UK to a regular forum member that is traveling out soon than me.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

Index helmets are crap.

There's a couple of shops here that sell the 'Real' brand, google Real Motorcycle Helmets. These shops also sell more expensive brands.
One of these shops is on the Railway Road near Sunshine Internet, and there's another further down on that same road past the old spaghetti junction, on the right.

There is also another shop on the right hand side of Petchkasem Road, leaving town, going north, not far from Yamaha Square.

The motorcycle shops don't sell proper helmets.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

There is a helmet shop in the Klong Road Pamai Tuesday market. Much to my surprise you could get a very decent full-size helmet at around 1100 THB.
A friend is only one click away
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nice one guys, will check them out. Would be good to get a Shoei supplier here ..,.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I will email you tomorrow working day shift today.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

B,
I bought my Shoei in the U.K. and took it over in my baggage.... I'd take one over for you but I think my baggage will be maxed out this time as I bought a new set of leathers. If I've room I will let you know.
Looking forward to getting back and hitting the roads two-wheeled style.
Cheers,
GN.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Have been offered a lid from another board member, if anyone is coming over from the UK and wouldn't mind carrying it (he will mail it to you) there's a few beers in it (PM if you can).