Best steak in Hua Hin?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Best steak in Hua Hin?

Post by huahin4ever »

Hi,

I'm a big big steak lover and I have tried many restaurants in Hua Hin and their steaks. I would like a tip where to go to get big juicy steaks in Hua Hin. The best place I've visited for steaks until now is Papa John at Kao Takiab. The reason for this is their consistency. It has been equally good every time, and I've been there maybe 15 times. I have also tried Prime, and I've been satisfied there too. Any other place to recommend for good steaks?

Stig
poptherock
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Best steak in Hua Hin?

Post by poptherock »

I do agree on Papa John, the Chataubriand there is always excellent and in Prime they have a good selection of nice beef......I can add two other nice restaurants for a very good steak Stig...

First the Italian restaurant LO STIVALE opposite the Hilton entrance.
They got three nice choises for peppersteak with very good sauce...and for sure the Brasserie de Paris next to the seafood restaurants north of the Hilton are very good.... :P
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I like Romai, I won't pay the above prices on a regular basis but at Romai you can get a decent steak for under 200 baht.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Best for me lately is Phun Phui (sp) (top of soi 80, hang a left and 100 metres on) that is if you can get in. They do them how you want. Mine is always blue (max 1 minute each side) with a blood and red wine sauce baked or fried potatoes and a salad. Sh1t, now I'm hungry
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Price Richard?...........sounds really good. It seems we both like our steaks cooked right. :D

OP, rumor has it you can get a really good steak in Bangkok for $400. :lach:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's called Pung Plui.

I agree the steaks are good. However, for somebody with a larger appetite one would not be enough. The last time we were there, my son had 2 meals :shock: Prices are very good. From memory, the dearest thing on the menu is 180 Baht.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Both Terrace 90 (Soi 90) and All Seasons Restaurant (downtown across from the Hilton Brewery) have excellent steaks in the 300 to 400 baht price range. I can vouch only for the fillet mignon though as that's what I always order.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

hhfarang wrote:Both Terrace 90 (Soi 90) and All Seasons Restaurant (downtown across from the Hilton Brewery) have excellent steaks in the 300 to 400 baht price range. I can vouch only for the fillet mignon though as that's what I always order.
Having long been a regular visitor to Nattas.. Now that it is closed, I regularly visit All Seasons Restaurant, the owners of which also owned Nattas. It has the same consistent quality of steaks and has always been served as ordered, be it Rare/Medium Rare/etc. And there is some familiar staff from Nattas

My only grouch is accessibility.. particularly during the present High Season, and no parking in the vicinity (although I have heard that parking is possible in the Hilton. Can anyone confirm?).
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Takiap wrote: OP, rumor has it you can get a really good steak in Bangkok for $400. :lach:
'Tis true Takiap!

There's also a stunning new Argentinean place opposite Westin on Suk 19 that serves truly wonderful steaks, had one of the best steaks for a long time there, just recently. Also a little expensive at about THB 1,900, but really very, very good for a special occasion. Atmos and service was really spot on.

In Hua Hin, Coco 51 does a fine steak, but its been a while since I've had one there.
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
captclem
Novice
Novice

Post by captclem »

I know this sounds crazy but while visiting a friend in Udon Thani on my way back from a visa run to Laos he insisted
we eat at the local Sissler steak joint. Believe or not it was the best steak I've ever had in Thailand, decent size
tender and juicy.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Winnie, I would be willing to pay THB1900 if it was on a special occasion, and it came recommended, but believe me, and I'm a meat eater through and through, hell would freeze over before I'd pay more than that. I'll definitely try the place Richard mentioned although right now I seem to be going through an Indian phase......lol. I keep meaning to go for a Mexican as well but I just seem to get around to doing it. This is the problem in Thailand........there are always so many tomorrows. :laugh:

Tonight however is reserved for a load of toast, butter and marmite, and if the marmite runs out, I have a jar of bovril as a backup. :thumb:

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Takiap wrote: Tonight however is reserved for a load of toast, butter and marmite, and if the marmite runs out, I have a jar of bovril as a backup. :thumb:

Well, totally off topic Takiap, I've just finished some roll mop herrings and am now eating chunky malt loaf with lashings of Marmite

Marmite and kippers are pre-requisite items for any visitors coming out to see me :laugh:

Now :offtopic:

Incidentally, someone mentioned an Argentinian restaurant. The best beef in the world, IMO is from Argentina, Zimbabwe and off course Aberdeen Angus land. The rest are second rate

ps..............Ask any steak tartare chef worth his salt
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Leupold
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Leupold »

Most of the steaks i have tried around has not been very tender, but more like trying to chew a shoe sole. Some very nice tips here that i will most certianly try, thanks!