Size-XL rubber dish-washing gloves

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Size-XL rubber dish-washing gloves

Post by Ginjaninja »

Hello Hua Hin,
has anyone seen any size-XL or larger washing up rubber gloves?
I've only seen the size-L and they are way too tight for my strangely large 'falang-hands'.
Appreciate any answers.. sensible or not.
Khob khun krup,
GN.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Size-XL rubber dish-washing gloves

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ginjaninja wrote:Hello Hua Hin,
I've only seen the size-L and they are way too tight for my strangely large 'falang-hands'.
Appreciate any answers.. sensible or not.
Khob khun krup,
GN.
My only "sensible" suggestion is to wash up with your hands naked - cant say I've ever had a problem doing it that way!!
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Thanks Dannie Boy for the suggestion.

Yes I like to be naked too but I wash my dishes with boiling water straight out the kettle so rubber protection is required.
Bit of a O.C.D. thing of mine...

:cheers:
GN.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Washing up? what's that?

My Grandmother, mother, first wife, second wife and all 15 Thai wives told me about it. I thought it was some sort of female ritual where men (real men) are forbidden to watch.

Rubber gloves? Is it some sort of fetish thing involving whips, handcuffs and bondage?

What have I been missing?

Mind you, I have often been told to 'dry up'. Is that related?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
ItsmeSusan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ItsmeSusan »

Home Pro.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Susan,
thanks for the reply. I checked Hopepro today (yesterday) and no have....
Lotus I have checked already and no have...

Richardrex,
Fifteeeeeen!!??? Oh my Buddha....... was it a case of 'the grass is always greener'....???

Regarding the "...fetish thing..." I think you could be on to something there. Hua Hin sorely in need of a bit of M&Ms or whatever it's callled.

Looks like I'm stuck with the tight rubbers.

:naughty:
GN.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The old Hua Hin shopping mall has them in many varieties. They are on the 2nd floor (the housewares section) towards the back left hand side as you exit the escalator inside the super market. They don't always have XL but I have bought them in that size there before.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

I can kind of understand the OCD thing, but there's an easier way around it. Wash the dishes as normal in hand hot water and suds. Then just rinse them in boiling water and leave to drain.
If you think about it that's a cleaner way to do it. And the leaving to drain is cleaner too. Tea towels used to dry dishes just defeat the object.
That's my excuse for leaving dishes overnight to drip dry anyway!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Hi Margaret,
thanks for the reply.
Yeah normally I do the two stage-wash but both boiling, bit stuck in my way there so prefer the washing gloves. I usually towel dry and put back in the cupboard. I'm not too keen on the Thai-style wash and that's why I prefer to do the dishes over my girlfriend. I'll be buying a dish-washer for my new condo but that's a year away yet.

hhfalang,
I checked the Hua Hin shopping mall yesterday and they don't have any size larger than 'Large'. The selection wasn't that great either. Perhaps I've got the wrong place. The one at the back of the Colonial place?

Thanks a lot.
GN.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ginjaninja wrote:Hi Margaret,
thanks for the reply.
Yeah normally I do the two stage-wash but both boiling, bit stuck in my way there so prefer the washing gloves. I usually towel dry and put back in the cupboard. I'm not too keen on the Thai-style wash and that's why I prefer to do the dishes over my girlfriend. I'll be buying a dish-washer for my new condo but that's a year away yet.

hhfalang,
I checked the Hua Hin shopping mall yesterday and they don't have any size larger than 'Large'. The selection wasn't that great either. Perhaps I've got the wrong place. The one at the back of the Colonial place?

Thanks a lot.
GN.
How about the main market - they wear big gloves in there for handling fish which might be suitable? Take a look and ask around.