Ladies Saturdays (free sangria), 5-o de Mayo-Le Bar Français

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Le Bar Français

Ladies Saturdays (free sangria), 5-o de Mayo-Le Bar Français

Post by Le Bar Français »

Between 7 and 9 pm Saturdays, some free sangria or one free Singha for ladies, and two-for-one cocktails all night plus other discounts -- offers to ladies only. A place where "nice" ladies can gather in comfort and elegance, and guys can maybe meet someone of good background (for a change?) even just chat, etc. Complimentary tapenade for that Provençale feeling!

Enjoy a nice vibe all around (and different from the usual) -- every Saturday , and drink specials are every day.

We try to have monthly parties (at least)-- Cinco de Mayo party coming up (yes, May 5!)!! Great place for couples and groups -- Happy Hour is every day 6-8.

Le Bar Français, opposite Burger King. :D :D :D :D :D :D
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Ladies Saturdays (free sangria), 5-o de Mayo-Le Bar Fran

Post by blue05 »

only "nice"ladies allowed? not sure if my one is that "nice"
Le Bar Français

Post by Le Bar Français »

"only 'nice' ladies allowed?"

Just a nuance, we are open-minded, non-judgmental, and well-familiar with the culture of Thailand.We know that some "bar girls" go on to form stable family relationships in Europe (or steady girlfriends in HH), etc. We are not about to discriminate against established couples, of course, wherever they met, and the same should feel most welcome. No "working" on the bar premises (or unaccompanied working girls) is all we ask, in order to make our valued female customers feel protected and respected. We kindly ask your understanding. Many thanks.
Overreach THIS
Novice
Novice

Post by Overreach THIS »

Saturday's nigh upon us once more, and for ladies it's (as you know! :D ) some free Sangria or 1 free Singha between 7 and 9 pm and 2-for-1 cocktails all Saturday night! :cheers: Offers for ladies :wink:

Meanwhile, if you get hungry we begin adding hot Quiche Lorraine and more to our menu Friday (4/26), and watch for specials like Chinese Red Duck Piled High.

Le Bar Français (opposite Burger King)
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

Le Bar Français wrote:"only 'nice' ladies allowed?"

Just a nuance, we are open-minded, non-judgmental, and well-familiar with the culture of Thailand.We know that some "bar girls" go on to form stable family relationships in Europe (or steady girlfriends in HH), etc. We are not about to discriminate against established couples, of course, wherever they met, and the same should feel most welcome. No "working" on the bar premises (or unaccompanied working girls) is all we ask, in order to make our valued female customers feel protected and respected. We kindly ask your understanding. Many thanks.

This is Thailand, who are you to be the Judge on who is an acceptable human being. You have a business establishment open to the public, This is not your private home. This is an establishment that I will never step foot in, unless I am accompanied by some Working Girls. You saying that you are not discriminating and "We know that some "bar girls" go on to form stable family relationships in Europe" is like a racist saying oh I have Black friends.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

the bar iust wants to cater for something different to the bintabaht bargirl clientele,obviously the word good girl was used instead of no prostitutes, why are so many people touchy about the prostitute issue,yes we understand a prostitute can still be a nice/good girl.
i still go to pattaya for the girlfriend/pretend/prostitute experience every several months,it can't be compared to anything else,but i am under no false pretences of what it is.
There are people here with western wives who want to take their partners to a bar that caters for this and also probably some single western woman looking for an alternative to the bargirl bar scene,and maybe the odd single thai woman who hasn't worked the bar scene....
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

jingjoe wrote:the bar iust wants to cater for something different to the bintabaht bargirl clientele,obviously the word good girl was used instead of no prostitutes, why are so many people touchy about the prostitute issue,yes we understand a prostitute can still be a nice/good girl.
i still go to pattaya for the girlfriend/pretend/prostitute experience every several months,it can't be compared to anything else,but i am under no false pretences of what it is.
There are people here with western wives who want to take their partners to a bar that caters for this and also probably some single western woman looking for an alternative to the bargirl bar scene,and maybe the odd single thai woman who hasn't worked the bar scene....
You can try and paint it what every way you would like to justify your contempt and Assumption what a person is and who you want to be in an open establishment. I have a couple of words that are not for print about that.
I was 20 years old and went to the Waldorf Astoria Hotel Bar, which I would think is a higher class establishment then Le Bar Français. I started talking to a women and when asked her to leave with me she told me a price.
If you want that in a free world then open a private members only club, or have it away from binta baht area.

I end on this story,

My old Boss was standing outside a Starbucks and up pulls a new BMW and a beautiful young women steps out. He tells her how beautiful she is and would she sleep with him, She gets offended and starts to tell him off. He's says how about for a million dollars. She thinks and says Ok I would for a million dollars. He' says good how about for $500? She starts yelling "what do you think I am a prostitute?" He reply's, We already established that ,I was just negotiating the price.
Still would never go to this place.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

My two-pennyworth on one of the most bizarre arguments I've ever seen on this forum.

For someone who appears to believe in 'live and let live', Foodie, you're awfully fussy about how these people should be running their own place.

I haven't been there and doubt I ever will, but I'm definitely not part of their target market. I doubt you are either, so saying you won't be going won't have them crying in their Chateauneuf-du-Pape.

Seems to me that all they are trying to do is make it clear they are nor a girlie bar, and I can't see anything wrong with that. I'm pretty sure that most pubs and bars everywhere 'reserve the right' etc.

I end on this story: I was standing outside a French bar and up pulls a shabby old Honda Wave. A scruffy old farang gets off and starts yelling at the bar owners that they should get some working girls. They politely tell him that this is not a girlie bar, but he starts yelling "What do you think I am, some kind of idiot?" "We've already ... etc."

You're a bit like a one-man anti-Salvation Army. Don't worry, it's probably not the start of a new trend. :cheers: :thumb:
This is the way
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Foodie wrote:
jingjoe wrote:the bar iust wants to cater for something different to the bintabaht bargirl clientele,obviously the word good girl was used instead of no prostitutes, why are so many people touchy about the prostitute issue,yes we understand a prostitute can still be a nice/good girl.
You can try and paint it what every way you would like to justify your contempt and Assumption what a person is and who you want to be in an open establishment. I have a couple of words that are not for print about that.
I was 20 years old and went to the Waldorf Astoria Hotel Bar, which I would think is a higher class establishment then Le Bar Français. I started talking to a women and when asked her to leave with me she told me a price.
If you want that in a free world then open a private members only club, or have it away from binta baht area.

I end on this story,

My old Boss was standing outside a Starbucks and up pulls a new BMW and a beautiful young women steps out. He tells her how beautiful she is and would she sleep with him, She gets offended and starts to tell him off. He's says how about for a million dollars. She thinks and says Ok I would for a million dollars. He' says good how about for $500? She starts yelling "what do you think I am a prostitute?" He reply's, We already established that ,I was just negotiating the price.
Still would never go to this place.
geezus its a bar in bintabaht that wants to market itself as an alternative to the bargirl barscene,im sure any women you bring will be accepted...just ask her to wear something more formal than her hotpants and love you long time smile....
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I thought it was opposite McDonalds? I wouldn't really class that as in the Bintabaht area.

I think, though, there's a slight difference between "reserving the right", as dtaai puts is, and blatantly stating "you're not welcome" (then after all that adding a bunch of provisos!)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Pleng wrote: blatantly stating "you're not welcome" (then after all that adding a bunch of provisos!)
Did they?

I saw this
Le Bar Français wrote: No "working" on the bar premises (or unaccompanied working girls) is all we ask, in order to make our valued female customers feel protected and respected. We kindly ask your understanding. Many thanks.
Can't see why any one would be offended, and can well imagine the vast majority of bar girls feeling distinctly out of place.

Anyway, this is really not my argument. I just think it's a bit of a shame that we keep criticising local businesses for not supporting the forum, then when they do become sponsors, we start slagging them off for no good reason. Eh bien - C'est la vie. :laugh:
This is the way
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

DM.. good reply :)
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

JW wrote:DM.. good reply :)
:agree: :clap:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

dtaai-maai wrote:My two-pennyworth on one of the most bizarre arguments I've ever seen on this forum.:
:agree:

What a strange argument, Surreal!

The owner/proprietor presumably does his market research, prior to setting up his business. It is clearly the proprietor who sets the guidelines and also decides on the demographics of the customers that he would like to attract. We as customers have the choice to patronise the establishment or not. If you don’t like the place, the service or the rules, go elsewhere, that is your right as a customer. What is the problem with that?
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Bristolian wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:My two-pennyworth on one of the most bizarre arguments I've ever seen on this forum.:
:agree:

What a strange argument, Surreal!

The owner/proprietor presumably does his market research, prior to setting up his business. It is clearly the proprietor who sets the guidelines and also decides on the demographics of the customers that he would like to attract. We as customers have the choice to patronise the establishment or not. If you don’t like the place, the service or the rules, go elsewhere, that is your right as a customer. What is the problem with that?
No problem and very well summarised on the principle of choice.