2013 G9 Honda Accord

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

2013 G9 Honda Accord

Post by Terry »

12 years ago this week, I took delivery of a new Honda Civic 1.7 VTI - I was goinng to keep it for 6 years and sell it.
After more than 200,000 Km it's still a little gem and I've still got it. However, it will soon be a teenager and with teenagers you can get problems. So - it's going into semi-retirement and will be used to potter around Hua Hin.
It will not be up to the weekly return commute between Hua Hin and Bangkok for the foreseeable future.

So

Mrs.T has sold some of her land and has some spare dosh for a change. She has decided to treat me to my retirement present a little early. 8)

I've always liked the Accord - (I'd prefer a BMW 520d - but you get realistic in your old age). :shock:

The 9th generation Accord was launched in Thailand on 11th March. I went to Honda in Hua Hin on Saturday 16th March and ordered a nice 2.4 Tech model in 'Champagne Frost Pearl' - for delivery during April................. :clap:

Now - I've always liked white cars - they reflect the heat and actually look cleaner longer than the darker colours.
I hate black interiors - they are hotter and show the dust and dirt easier. :sun:

If you order a white Honda Accord - you will get a black interior, hence the numpty colour choice. It will have a beige leather interior.

So - I'm waiting for that phone call to say that the car will be ready to collect on.............

I sincerely hope that I don't get the problems that BB had to endure.

We shall see. :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: 2013 G9 Honda Accord

Post by Dannie Boy »

Before I retired I drove a company provided Honda Accord, the current (outgoing) model and rate it as a good mid-quality car. Previous to this, I had a Toyota Camry and would definitely put the Accord as a better car to drive, and presumeably the new model will be even better!!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Whilst in the UK between '96 & 97, I had a leased Rover 620. Basically underneath, it was a Honda Accord - it was a joy to drive.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Terry wrote:Whilst in the UK between '96 & 97, I had a leased Rover 620. Basically underneath, it was a Honda Accord - it was a joy to drive.
Hopefully they've moved on a bit since then and I'm sure you will be more than happy with the new model...............as long as you don't suffer the frustrations that BB did, in waiting for his Ford to be delivered!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

They're great cars Terry. My sister in the US has had nothing but Accords for the last 3 rounds. I often go to the Honda dealer when the wife drops off her CRV for service and have explored the Accord fully. The problem I have is that I've driven nothing but a pick-up or SUV since 1987. I can't get my mind wrapped around sitting so low in a normal car. At my age I may never adjust! :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

At my age I may never adjust!
At my age and agility if I do manage to get into something like that, I cannot get OUT. :cuss:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Terry wrote:I sincerely hope that I don't get the problems that BB had to endure.
I hope not as well. By the way, did they quote a delivery year? :twisted:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Good point :cheers: :cheers:

I'll get Mrs.T to check
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Great cars, always enjoyed driving them... you will feel like a king!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

The plot is thickening..............

Mrs.T tells me that Honda Hua Hin have said that the new car will be here 'by the end of this month'

So I paid them a visit last Saturday and asked why no actual delivery DATE......

I was told that they are getting the car for me from another dealer as they had exceeded their allocation. However it WILL be here by then.

I'm beginning to get some doubts.

Watch this space. :roll:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I have had a 13 year old Honda Accord SE 2.0 since it was two. Its now got 192,000 miles on the clock and gets me in and out of London each day! But it had probably the best Honda engine ever made. I find it interesting that I see more of this version on the road than later models, other than the most recent.

Its been a great car and I love it to bits!
Talk is cheap
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Oh ye of little faith - says I :wink:

Mrs.T got the call from Honda Hua Hin that the new beastie has arrived at the showroom this morning. 8)

It now has to have the normal BDI inspection(s) and window film application.

I get back from Bangkok late tomorrow - so it could be Saturday to take delivery. :cheers: :cheers:

BUT - Buddha has to be consulted first...... :roll:

Again - watch this space......
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I hope you don't have my experience and lose it to somebody offering tea money for earlier delivery. I got down to see my car at the showroom, but refused to get into a tea money bidding war...........a month later.........

Points 41; Position 18
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Trust me BB - if that happens then I will get pharvey over here to let off some fireworks in the showroom. :twisted:

We've been told it's got our name on it :D

Frankly I'm more worried what Buddha might say - as Thursday always seems to be a lucky day................. :tsk:
It could be NEXT Thursday before I get my hands on it. :roll:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Terry wrote:We've been told it's got our name on it :D
Sounds familiar :wink:
Terry wrote:It could be NEXT Thursday before I get my hands on it. :roll:
Take it - that's better than what I got.

Seriously, it sounds like Honda know what they're doing. Then again, so did Ford, but it was to the customer's benefit.

Points 41; Position 18