2013 G9 Honda Accord

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: 2013 G9 Honda Accord

Post by Terry »

Buddha has said it's ok to collect - early tomorrow :cheers:

So - Daddy's gonna have a nice present when he gets home tomorrow night 8)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Terry wrote: Daddy's gonna have a nice present when he gets home tomorrow night 8)
And then there's the car to look forward to! :laugh: :naughty:
This is the way
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

You may well be right dm :wink:
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Iam sure by this time you are pleased with your new Honda. I purchased my Jazz there 4 years ago and have been very pleased with their service. Had one problem that they had trouble fixing as I had to bring car back 4 times BUT they stood behind their work and though it cost them far more than I paid to finally fix the problem. Was a bugger to sort out and had to replace more parts than they thought to fix the problem but since I had already paid for the fix they would not charge me more. Just had 110,000 service there a few weeks ago and in and out in less than two hours with a washed car to boot.

Good luck and enjoy your ride.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Looking at the new Focus now and Civic - really want the Focus as its a brilliant drive - very precise and responsive..170bho is nice too! BUT after several horror stories about Ford the Honda may win out (sadly not an Acccord!!!).

Terry enjoy your new motor youve earned it, they are brilliant cars :)
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

The boss collected it and it's now waiting for me at the Lodge.

She says it was a very quiet and lovely drive - I will have to remind her that it's MINE. :wink:
20130426_084853.jpg
20130426_084853.jpg (94.92 KiB) Viewed 649 times
ACCORD.jpg
ACCORD.jpg (92.87 KiB) Viewed 649 times
A short road report after I get my hands on it............ 8)

:cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had the previous model Accord (same colour) when working in the Middle East and it was a really nice car to drive, so assuming this updated model has a number of refinements, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Terry wrote:Whilst in the UK between '96 & 97, I had a leased Rover 620. Basically underneath, it was a Honda Accord - it was a joy to drive.

I had the same car when I was I was in the UK, and like you say, it was simply an Accord in disguise, and an absolute pleasure to drive.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

JW wrote:Looking at the new Focus now and Civic - really want the Focus as its a brilliant drive - very precise and responsive..170bho is nice too! BUT after several horror stories about Ford the Honda may win out (sadly not an Acccord!!!).

Terry enjoy your new motor youve earned it, they are brilliant cars :)
JW

You won't go wrong with the Honda - and my experience of the HH Dealer has been second to none.

A little story.........

We bought the Civic from Petchaburi (HH didn't have a Honda dealer at that time).
We had tons of extras put on it at the time which included footwell courtesy lights.
We went on Holiday to Krabi soon after we took delivery of it, and on the way down the headlights would not work.
Seems that Honda Petchaburi forgot to install the necessary relays with the footwell lights - which in turn blew the headlamp fuses :roll:

Honda Krabi fixed it for us but charged us around THB500 for the privilege. They had not supplied the car and it seems that they had no way of inter-dealarship reimbursement.

When I returned, I went back to Honda Petchaburi who refunded the THB 500 - as they had made the error.

When Honda opened in Hua Hin, the same guy who managed the servicing in Petchaburi, moved to the Hua Hin branch and is still there. His name is (pm me if you want it) - and he's really on the ball. His English is passable - which helps.

When we ordered the Accord, it seems that Hua Hin had already exceeded their allocation (they are currently selling in excess of 100 cars a month and have been doing so for several months)

Believe it or not they chased the new Accord down - in Krabi and shipped it back up to Hua Hin :thumb:

I've said on here before that the Honda Dealership inn Hua Hin is good, and I still think so.

Meanwhile our Chevy Colorado which is a great truck has to suffer an appalling servicing from Chev Hua Hin.

JW
Don't forget - it's not just the car, it's the service that counts too

BTW I like the focus too - but I'm an old family man these days............ :cheers:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Takiap wrote:
Terry wrote:Whilst in the UK between '96 & 97, I had a leased Rover 620. Basically underneath, it was a Honda Accord - it was a joy to drive.

I had the same car when I was I was in the UK, and like you say, it was simply an Accord in disguise, and an absolute pleasure to drive.

:cheers:
I recall that at the time I got mine, it had just won 'European Car of the year award'

For a Rover? :wink:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Had the first drive out today – just North of Cha Am to Premier Outlet.
I feel like Captain Kirk in control of the Starship Enterprise and I’m knocked out by this car.
So much to say but I’ll keep it short.

Extraordinarily quiet – the Auto Noise Suppression system works a treat, very little road noise and I can’t hear the engine at all, unless it gets some welly.
Steering, light, responsive and at night you get additional lighting to the left or right depending on which way you are going. (I recall Citroen having this, years ago but it was mechanically linked turning headlights.
Daytime running lights with auto switching at night.
Seats superbly comfortable with 8 way electric memory positioning – 2 keys programmable with keyless entry
Took it to 160 on the byepass and there seemed to be bags more to come – but took the foot of the gas.
No hand brake – instead it’s the US style footbrake – takes some getting used to.
Nearside ‘Lane Watch’ – brilliant, indicate to turn left and you get a colour display of your blind spot – great for watching the twats on the motorbikes coming up on the inside – goes to split screen if you are in sat-nav mode
Sat Nav – simple to use and the directions spoken by a very nice lady!
Located my old Nokia N97 by Bluetooth and so there is easy hands free telephoning through the audio system (Which plays almost every format) without earpieces and cables.
All of this from te steering wheel
Electric slide / tilt sunroof, rear window blind, plus rear passenger window blinds with bags of space in the back – the boys loved it.
I have one complaint – HH Honda could not get me the owners manual in English – might have to wait a month or so for it. So there are lots of features that I’m working out for myself.
So – the real acid test will be the up journey to BKK tomorrow evening and the return on Tuesday evening.
One challenge – to find a garage that sells E85 would be useful, but it takes E20 & Gasohol 91 anyway.
Have to say JW - was feeling a bit like a King when I got back tonight.
Love it :cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Sounds like a very happy customer - would you mind sharing with us how much it cost?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: would you mind sharing with us how much it cost?
Never mind the cost, would you mind sharing with us?
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: would you mind sharing with us how much it cost?
Never mind the cost, would you mind sharing with us?
Only if you wear a peaked cap!!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Including the few extras we ordered THB 1,812,000

The 2.4 Tech is the top model for G9 and is priced at THB1,799,000

Not cheap I know - but as Mrs.T says - I deserve it.

Who am I to argue 8)

It will have to last another 12 years like the Civic :cheers: