Hard Drives

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Hard Drives

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I am looking to buy a branded hard drive in a sturdy case, not some mickey mouse make. Is there such a shop in Hua Hin? I have tried the one next to Halex and they only have one, the brand being unknown to me. Is there another shop around or do I have to go to the Pantip. Me thinks Hua Hin lacks a good IT shop.
www.35mmview.com
buksida

Post by buksida »

Randy Cornhole wrote:Me thinks Hua Hin lacks a good IT shop.
You would be correct.

BKK is the best place, either a Seagate or Maxtor, they come in a "One touch" USB and firewire sturdy case. Cost approx 6,000 for a 250 Gig one.

Sturdy but still can't drop em, the guys at Surf FM should know about that!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

The other good shop in Hua Hin where she has some Seagate drives but not very big the last time I went there. The 160GB was about 3500 baht and the case (Firewire) about 1500 baht.

THe shop in in Nebkerhardt just round the corner from JW's shop almost opposite the Shed.

If you can get down to Malaysia or Singapore you will find the same fo half the price. Pays for the trip almost.

Ther is not reallly such a thging as a Mickey Mouse hard drive. They are all made by six companies who brand under many different names.

I have always used Seagate myself or IBM but I think you can only get IBM with an assembled computer.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Seeing that Seagate have a massive factory on the outskirts of Korat, with international marketing it is no surprise to me that you can’t find a hard drive for a good price in Thailand!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

STEVE G wrote:Seeing that Seagate have a massive factory on the outskirts of Korat, with international marketing it is no surprise to me that you can’t find a hard drive for a good price in Thailand!
A little thread hiccup. I think it was Seagate I read about who wants to open a second factory but...not in Thailand. The can't get the skilled staff here. I believe the article mentioned other high tech companies that also have now choosen Malaysia and Vietnam for expansion. I'm sure this is causing multiple heart attacks at Government House here. Pete
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Seagate do have a factory in Korat and are advertising for jobs.
http://www.seagate.com/jobs/apac/thaila ... find_a_job

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Kraka’s Dad wrote;
Seagate do have a factory in Korat …….

Yes, it’s big, I drive past it every time I go up to our place in Nong Ki.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

buksida wrote:
BKK is the best place, either a Seagate or Maxtor, they come in a "One touch" USB and firewire sturdy case. Cost approx 6,000 for a 250 Gig one.

Sturdy but still can't drop em, the guys at Surf FM should know about that!
Mix master Matt knows only too well :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
the one in question was purchased in the Uk at least 15% cheaper than available in Pantip things seem to be on the change again though recently
its an up and down world
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Lots of info there, many thanks.
www.35mmview.com