Help to transfer funds from Bangkok Bank to Third Party

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Re: Help to transfer funds from Bangkok Bank to Third Party

Post by chopsticks »

armycw4ret wrote:Once you set up your 3rd party account and get the initial OTP to establish the account you will get one more otp when you make your first transfer the the new account you set up. After that subsequent transfers are accomplished without a otp and sms to your phone. So if you are abroad set up all your accounts before you leave.
That's correct, after a new beneficiary has been added payments can be changed without having to go through the additional security of passwords via an sms message again.
The mobile number you register with them should be one you can receive sms messages overseas (via roaming) if you think may need to add new beneficiaries when outside of Thailand.
With DTAC you can register your mobile number on their website and then check if you still have credit and what has been deducted for any sms messages.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

armycw4ret wrote:Once you set up your 3rd party account and get the initial OTP to establish the account you will get one more otp when you make your first transfer the the new account you set up. After that subsequent transfers are accomplished without a otp and sms to your phone. So if you are abroad set up all your accounts before you leave.
Ok, I went online. Found the "settings" and clicked on "Deactivate SMS OTP service." It said that if I cancel, I cannot complete any online transactions, until I set up a new phone number and again verify it by SMS. But if I only need for the first transaction, no problem. I have completed that one for all of my third party accounts. The bank manager and staff have no idea of any work arounds and are not aware of only needing this for the first transaction. Just said "sorry, cannot do without SMS and cannot do with internet or other code."

As an additional safety factor, I have turned on my International Roaming for AIS and prepaid 1000 Baht to make sure I have enough money to receive SMS's in India. Cost 20 Baht per SMS send or receive abroad. I hope I don't have to use this, but will not know until my next transfer. :? I have an iPhone so it is just a pain to change the sim card.

Thanks for all of the help so far.

:cheers:
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

aragon wrote:By the way, how do you top up your credit on line?
When you log onto K-Banking service there is an option within the left-hand menu to 'Top-Up'. I click that and enter the number, there is no need to enter the OTP but that may be only after the first successful top-up as referred to elsewhere on this thread; I don't recall.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
armycw4ret

Post by armycw4ret »

I a transaction yesterday and no OTP was required because the third party account had been set up previously. Do you not recall recent transactions you have made and that no OTP was required? May want to do a test for a small amount to a friend or family.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

armycw4ret wrote:I a transaction yesterday and no OTP was required because the third party account had been set up previously. Do you not recall recent transactions you have made and that no OTP was required? May want to do a test for a small amount to a friend or family.
Good idea. So far, I have only set up the accounts and made one transaction each. WIll try one more today and post results.
:D
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

I have now completed the second transfer and there was no requirement this time to put in an SMS code. Now I know and can confirm this. The Bank Manager and Staff are not aware of this or how it works. But at least we know and can share on this forum. Thanks to all that contributed.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

J.J.B. wrote:
aragon wrote:By the way, how do you top up your credit on line?
When you log onto K-Banking service there is an option within the left-hand menu to 'Top-Up'. I click that and enter the number, there is no need to enter the OTP but that may be only after the first successful top-up as referred to elsewhere on this thread; I don't recall.
JJB,

Apologies for the delayed response, but been a bit under the cosh recently with family emergencies back in the UK and now in the midst of a move from one Middle East sandbox to another, so more fun in the sun, not :cuss: :cuss:

Followed your directions above and all went well, until I was thwarted by not having the Thai mobile with me, as the system definitely wants a sms OTP to register the new payment details. Will give it another bash later when I am in possession of the Thai mobile as well. :cheers:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......