Luknam Thai disco

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Luknam Thai disco

Post by richard »

The old joint has closed and a new one has opened

If you're into Thai music, Thai 'young' culture, this is the place to end the night.

The boss looks like Johnny Deppe in Pirates of the Carribean and plays/mimes the bongos. Speaks very good English and is very hospitable.

Warning though. Take a Thai with you to warn you about who to talk to etc

I'm a semi regular so they know me but I would never go alone

Highly recommended by me. Spacious and you can take your own booze. Thai food good but very Isan spicy. Sure they would do you a plate of ferang chips if you asked!

Try it and give me your feedback

ps ---Mention my name and you MAY get a 10% discount
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Gooner
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Gooner »

ok sounds good,but can you please tell us where it is?and why a farang can not go alone?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Across the railway line and up as though you were going to Pala-U waterfall. Past the Pheonix bar on left .then it's on your right a few hundred metres on. Most taxi drivers know where it is

Why not go go alone? It is pure Thai. Say no more!!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard said
Why not go go alone? It is pure Thai. Say no more!!!!
I'm sure that I'm picking this up wrong, but the above comment sounds rather racist.

What exactly is wrong with going in to an establishment that is predominantly frequented by Thai people?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Got me wrong mate

My best friends are Thais

No more to be said from my point of view other than venturing into a remote disco in the middle of nowhere in any part of the the world alone, particularly in the Uk and the states is a pretty dumb thing to do

End of topic from my point of view
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

No offence meant Big Boy but at the tender age of 61 (3rd childhood) and having travelled the globe and lived on several continents, I reckon I'm pretty 'streetwise' to have survived so long

Cheers

ps When you're next here we could go up there for a beer or three
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

richard,

Don't worry, no offence taken. As I said in my posting, it was probably down to the way I was reading it - we all take things the wrong way sometimes.

Will look forward to that beer :cheers:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Big Boy - Remember Richard is a tyke
Got me wrong mate

My best friends are Thais
:P He has no other friends.............. :P

Peter (born Leeds)
If a Yorkshireman puts his hand in his pocket - fret not!
He'll just be checking his ferret.
THAM
Rookie
Rookie

Luknam

Post by THAM »

Richard,

Luknam sounds like it would be worth a look.
Is it similiar to the Somolian Thai club ? :thumb:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Tham

Yes similar but for me a lot better
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

derf1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by derf1 »

Currently in Hua Hin and a couple of us were looking for late night kareoke (sp) bars open past 1 in the morning. I thought I saw something like that earlier but have not been able to find to post. Any direct me or give me thoughts on what is safe and not. The above post seems to say it is OK to go, but be respectful and be aware of who you may be chatting up and who they are with. Anything further?