Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
leither69

Re: Indian Restaurants

Post by leither69 »

I tried this last year and thought it was average. Could have ben my choice of food so am goin to try this agan after seeing so many positive posts.. Love indian food (maybe UK Indian) 8)
stu7
Novice
Novice

Post by stu7 »

As I said in my introduction I spend a few months every year in HH. I will be returning soon.I have tried a few Indian places but sadly the consistency of the food and service is not that good, a lot of the dishes all taste the same,
However last time I was there I found some really good British style curries in HH Ham and Bacon Co.Can anyone tell if they are still stocking them as i have looked on their site but can not find them. hope they are because they were probably the best I have tasted here.

Cheers
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, they have Chicken Madras, Jalfrezi. Vindaloo, Phal and Massala in stock.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

stu7 wrote:As I said in my introduction I spend a few months every year in HH. I will be returning soon.I have tried a few Indian places but sadly the consistency of the food and service is not that good, a lot of the dishes all taste the same,
However last time I was there I found some really good British style curries in HH Ham and Bacon Co.Can anyone tell if they are still stocking them as i have looked on their site but can not find them. hope they are because they were probably the best I have tasted here.

Cheers
the Royal in town is the closest I have come to UK curry style
stu7
Novice
Novice

Post by stu7 »

Big Boy wrote:Yes, they have Chicken Madras, Jalfrezi. Vindaloo, Phal and Massala in stock.

Thanks Big Boy.
Thats a relief I have being craving a good curry. I enjoyed all of them last time but I think the Vindaloo was my favourite.
Nick NCFC

Post by Nick NCFC »

We ate at the Indian at the top of soi 80 last Saturday and I have to say I was quite impressed. I guess reading some of the views on here had lowered my expectations but thought the food and the service was very good and will go again for sure.

Can't beat a good Ruby and a few beers on a Saturday and whilst not Brick lane standard it was pretty good.
Zero
Banned
Banned

Indian Curry. Mythical New Restaurant...

Post by Zero »

Was speaking to a chap last night who regards himself as a bit of a curry aficionado.

I mentioned both S&S and the place at the top of Soi 80 as being the one I use and he was familiar with both, but reckoned that there is a place on Soi 88 (over the railway, sharp right, then left at the bend and it's a km or so up on a road to the right...near to the court building) that blows both these restaurants into the weeds. Of that he was certain.

He also said that it was the only Curry house with a proper decent sized Tandoor oven imported from India. If true, this can only mean one thing. Proper elephants ear Naan bread.

He said it was called Sheera's or Shira's....or something like that and he was very complimentary. Anyone tried it? Or was the guy just being delusional?

He also reckoned that the restaurant had a lovely garden setting with really attentive staff and a friendly Indian owner.

Z.
Big Boy

Re: Indian Curry. Mythical New Restaurant...

Post by Big Boy »

Probably the one at the Hin Lek Fai turn off from Soi 88. I've never tried it, so can't comment. There is a thread in Feeding Time somewhere.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Farang
Ace
Ace

Re: Indian Curry. Mythical New Restaurant...

Post by Farang »

Here's an Indian restaurant:

"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

It's called Shiva Ayurveda and they also do yoga and meditation. You can google it to see the menu.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Zero
Banned
Banned

Post by Zero »

Thanks Pagey, this looks pretty good. Thanks admin for merging.

[Mod Edit] Link removed. Links featuring menus are not permitted out of respect for our sponsors.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Theres a recently opened (1 month?) Indian food outlet in Chatsila, which i think has very good food and is well priced.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Zero
Banned
Banned

Post by Zero »

Zero wrote:Thanks Pagey, this looks pretty good. Thanks admin for merging.

[Mod Edit] Link removed. Links featuring menus are not permitted out of respect for our sponsors.
Wow! That's a real slap in the face for your users though - the folks who provide the life blood of the board and ultimately the cash into the tills of your sponsors. This mentality means that your sponsors dollars are preventing the free flow of information that is available to the general public in Hua Hin. Bad PR for your "sponsors" (misnomer if ever there was one) i'd say.

Ultimately, if you carry the thinking through it can only serve to restrict the number of unique visitors to the site itself - which in reality hurts everybody - including your sponsors.

Sorry HHF, but this is shortsightedness in action. Whilst I understand you are trying to derive some sort of revenue for the site, which is perfectly understandable, i'd urge you to rethink such a counter-intuitive and draconian policy. If folks are going to click through to links, keep a server record and go and then go see the company and ask them to advertise based on the hard evidence of your click throughs.

The revenues you command can only be measured by the amount of traffic through the site. This policy will restrict that and leave the user with a bad experience. It's web 101.

Just a thought, but Google did alright using this model...
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

What a load of BS. Of course you would go out of your way to promote your competitors eh? IT PAYS TO ADVERTISE. By word of mouth is fine but it's by WORD OF MOUTH, not by using a popular forum!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It's not short-sightedness Zero, them's the rules and understood and respected as a consequence. I get it and I'm sure others also do. Anyone with half a brain will have the nounce to do as you did. Googles your friend.
Talk is cheap