Prachuab officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Prachuab officials to reorganize Hua Hin beach

Post by caller »

Might be a blip in Hua Hin, but it sure isn't in Phuket.

BB's link to that response to a prospective tourist, basically said, 'don't argue, we know what's best for you'. Although it was telling that she said they had received many complaints.

Anyway, I braved another few hours on the beach and apart from the Mat's for hire for 100b, this time we found a supply of plastic chairs for the same price. No table or brolly, but a plastic chair none the less.

Will I be going back? Nope.
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Will I be going back? Nope.
I suppose this is what wealthy Thai's actually want at a beach resort:

20 Billion Baht Phuket Luxury Mall to Open in 2017: Bigger Than Bangkok's Best
http://phuketwan.com/property/20b-baht- ... est-21242/
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Hi,
We will be back in Hua Hin next week.

What's the current situation? We sometimes approach the beach by Soi 79. Are there still sun beds and food available there? Is it "cleaning day" on Wednesdays? If so, what does that mean? Anything else that might surprise us since we haven't been in Hua Hin since last February.

Any information on the current situation are appreciated!

TIA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I walk my dogs past there every night (although I can't be sure about Soi 79 specifically). There are definitely sun beds packed away for the night as far South as Soi 77. I walk as far as The Marakesh - I don't recall seeing 'non-condo/hotel' beds beyond Soi 77. I've just asked my son, and his recollection is the same.

Of course, everything is packed away at night, and it's dark, so maybe I miss something.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Thanks BB! We will soon see ourself. I'm pretty sure we will find beds somewhere, If not on the beach at least they are available at Tesco... :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I took note tonight for you (dogs missed out last night due to quiz :oops: )

Walking South, the 'packed away' sunbeds end at Soi 77.

We walked as far South as Chiva Som tonight, and the only other sun beds that we saw were outside Sailom Hotel (I guess they are for hotel guests, but may be wrong).

Points 41; Position 18
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Big Boy wrote:Walking South, the 'packed away' sunbeds end at Soi 77.
Sounds like business as usual then. We often approach the beach through Soi 79 but walk a few hundred meters north before reaching some sun beds. Probably around Soi 77. If I remember correctly, these where the beds furthest to the south before the "Monkey Mountain."

BTW, I cant understand why we seem to be more or less the only ones that use this Soi for access to the beach. Usually our bikes are the only ones parked at the end of the Soi, close to the beach. Maybe parking is prohibited... :oops:

Totally off topic but is it decided when the next quiz is due to take place. It sounds like a fun evening and we would like to join, if possible.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

29 Jan @ JWs

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

BTW, you can take your bikes right down to beach side at Soi 77 as well.

Points 41; Position 18
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Big Boy wrote:29 Jan @ JWs
Thanks!

BTW, I think your last post hit the wrong thread. :)

:oops: Thanks :oops:
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

without going into detail (you read between the lines) I can say we will be seeing another sweep of the vendors and businesses encroaching on the beach.

the same activity that preceded the last crack down occurred today.

most of the businesses have "grown back" and were getting photographed and measured again just like before.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Ropes wrote:Hua Hin beach is a disgrace as far as litter and general rubbish is concerned. At least it was 3 weeks ago unless they have cleaned it in the meantime.
Labour is relatively cheap so to clear it up would not be expensive. It is beyond me that they have a beautiful beach but just let it go to ruin.
Maybe they could then advertise it as the cleanest beach in Thailand and maybe just maybe they would get more visitors.

Because Thai's don't have the kind of pride in their country which would result in a clean beach area. You should see the beach area after a Thai holiday, they sit there with their family and leave plastic bottles, bags on the beach as if its someone else's job to clean it up... of course it does not get cleaned up and that's the reason there is a "Hua Hin beach cleanup" performed by the local community. This would not be necessary if people cared more about their country and its appearance..

Another example - just last week I was driving my motorbike by the back entrance of Market Village and the kid in front of me finished his juice bottle and just threw it in the grass at the side of the road. Would have been very easy to put it in his pocket and wait till he got inside and disposed of it in one of the many garbage cans inside the mall but apparently the entire country of Thailand was one big garbage can to him...
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

@Jumusman,
Couldn't agree with you more, I just can't understand the Thai attitude. You find this almost every where not just the beach, especially in the villages. My Thai wife is now a real environmentalist, she wasn't when we met. But the kids are just impossible, I can only guess they follow more what their friends do than what their parents say.

In most Thai eyes it doesn't matter what the place looks like as long as they look pretty.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

Gen. Prayut will observe reorganization of trading stalls on Hua Hin beach

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has made known that he wanted to observe the reorganization of trading stalls on Hua Hin Beach while he and the cabinet hold a mobile Cabinet meeting in Prachuap Khiri Khan. The Prime Minister said the inspection is important as the beach is a famous tourist attraction, considered a face of Thailand.

General Prayut is expected to visit Hua Hin on March 27th from 9.30 - 10.00 a.m., and then chair the mobile Cabinet meeting at 1.00 p.m.

The mobile Cabinet meeting has been postponed from March 13th, as the Prime Minister has to pay an official visit to Japan to attend a World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/CenterWeb/New ... 3090010019
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hua Hin undergoes beach facelift
Prachuap Khiri Khan province has cleared up its Hua Hin beach as part of its city cleanup campaign.

In response to the resolution of the city committee, Hua Hin Municipality has carried out removal of 22 stalls extending from the area in front of Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin to Khao Takiab which was previously an area allowed for small business activities.

Hua Hin’s assistant district officer said all the stall owners were aware of the objective of the city cleanup campaign and agreed to cooperate with authorities. They will move to a newly arranged area which spans more than seven kilometers. The assistant district officer added that the beach revamp is the biggest-ever task.

The beach facelift is also part of the preparation for the upcoming mobile cabinet meeting set for March 27-28 at Suan Son Pradipat Beach.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/CenterWeb/New ... 3190010006
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson