[ADVERTORIAL] Scuba Diving Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

[ADVERTORIAL] Scuba Diving Hua Hin

Post by Lev »

ADVERTORIAL

Scuba Diving Hua Hin

Anyone coming to the Hua Hin, Pak Nam Pran, Pranburi, Khao Koh Lok or Sam Roiyod areas are now able to either take a scuba diving course or just go diving with Hua Hin Divers.

We operate from premises just south of Pranburi at Sam Roiyod. Anyone wishing to take a course or just go diving can contact us via huahindivers2014@gmail.com or via info@diveclubthailand.com or call 089 0883421.

All PADI courses are available and the diving is done at islands a little way south.

News will be posted weekly to keep people up to date with all the latest goings-on.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and communicate with establishment representatives who may also respond here.

Click here if you are interested in having your own monthly updated advertorial thread on Hua Hin's busiest website
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Scuba Diving Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Welcome!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

Thanks for the welcome...

We have just returned from a couple of days down at the islands we use for some "Fun Diving"

Visibility, not quite as good as usual, although we still got 8-10 metres. The marine life was as usual, varied and wonderful. Sea Snakes, Turtles, Nudibranches, plenty of Blue Spotted Rays were seen under lots of hard coral bommies.

Next week, we have some students doing their open water dives.

If you'd like to join us, just drop us a line or call us.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Which islands? Got any photos?

What do you charge for boat-dives with own kit?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

Hi, we are diving around koh talu, koh sing, koh sarng and we will have some wreck diving trips coming soon. Dive days are two dives inc lunch 3,500 baht inc transport. The price is for either with own kit or to use ours. Cheers
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Including transport from where?
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

From hua hin, pak nam pran etc
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

Had a lovely day at Koh Talu with Greg and his son Leno (owner of Dolphin Bay Hotel)

Cheers Greg, looking forward to teaching you guys to scuba dive.
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

Just to keep you updated...

We have had a couple of weeks of good diving.
Andy and Helen, hope to see you again for a dive course after your recent Discover Scuba Diving day.

You can see more about us here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hua-Hin- ... =bookmarks

Looking forward to completing Stacey's Open Water Course next week.

Please remember, if you are not sure if Scuba Diving is for you, get in touch so that we can organise a Try Dive in our/or your Swimming Pool. Its a great way to experience breathing underwater and to find out if you want to go on to do an Open Water or Scuba Diver Course.
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

SCUBA DIVING IN HUA HIN...REALLY?

Yes...For many years scuba diving has passed Hua Hin by in favour of the more popular “well known” destinations of Koh Tao and Phuket. However, this is hopefully going to change.
Koh Talu and its local islands are only 2 hours south of
Hua Hin and offer an excellent dive location for both novices doing courses and qualified divers.
With its gorgeous white sandy unspoilt beaches to its
shallow pristine reefs, it represents a great destination for those looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok or just want a day trip from Hua Hin or Cha-am.
Currently, the only dive operation offering courses and day diving to Koh Talu from Hua Hin and surrounding area is Hua Hin Divers (huahindivers.com). Started only a couple
of months ago the business is run by divers for divers.
They have a dive centre/training facility just south of Hua Hin at Sam RoiYod and operate a 7.5m RIB which means just a 15 minute boat trip to the dive sites at Koh Talu.
Marine life is very typical of the Gulf with various species of fish, eels, rays and lots of turtles. Koh Talu is also a
conservationists dream with an extensive coral planting
programme in operation.
If you are looking for a day out with a difference, try booking a trip to Koh Talu with Hua Hin Divers and experience the wonders of the underwater world.
If you are someone who is not sure if diving is for you,
just book a Try Dive which can be organised in our own
private pool.
Contact Hua Hin Divers at 089 088 3421.
buksida

Post by buksida »

A minor point but Koh Talu is actually in Bangsaphan which is nowhere near Hua Hin!

The marine life around Talu and Koh Sing/Sang is quite impressive though and well worth diving on if you want to avoid the hordes at Koh Tao. There were even two Bryde's Whales spotted here a couple of weeks ago: http://bangsaphanguide.com/forum/viewto ... t=19#p6943

Got any uw photos to post here Steve?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

Hi Buksida, apologies for my geographic short-comings :)

I am just trying to encourage tourists, expats etc. that Hua Hin is not that far from Koh Talu and that the diving is still very good. As you say there were two Bryde's Whales seen there recently, but there have been recordings of whale sharks cruising around the waters also.

I do have some photos which I will put up on here.

Thanks for your comments...
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Glad to see you in operation in the HH area... That is something I have been looking for... I hope you have great success with your business here.... Best of luck!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

could i bring my girlfriend to snorkel while i dive?
she would need a mask, fins and snorkel.

is there a UK, AU or USA trained divemaster with your company?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
gotosteve
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gotosteve »

Hi - I am a UK Instructor for almost 16 years in Thailand.

Yes, you can bring your girlfriend to snorkel. Normally we have to charge 1,500 baht for snorkellers, but if they are coming with a diver we can charge just 1,200 baht. I have mask, snorkel and fins available for your girlfriend.

Just drop me an email or call me to let me know if/when you would like to go.

Cheers