Thai salaries

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

I'm not ready to retire yet but when I do I am planning on Baht 100,000 per month. It really depends on the lifestyle you want when you retire but I do not intend to end up like a lot of other retirees around who are constantly having to be careful.

On Thai salaries my sister-in-law who is a Graduate from Tammasat University and works as a manager in a large Travel company in Bangkok earns Baht 16,000 per month. Sadly her husband is dead but on that salary she has managed to feed,cloth and educate her two girls to Uni standard.

Going back to who much money you need to live (rather than survive) itr is all down to life styles and cirumstances.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

The size of the work force now exceeds 34.1 million, with the majority of the workforce under 30 years of age.
Each year about 800,000 people join this force, with a literacy rate above 90 percent.
Many standard labor practices apply, including mandatory severance packages, and overtime payments for work in excess of the normal workday.

The minimum wage in Thailand is currently 170 baht per day in Bangkok and between 133-168 baht in the provinces.
While not the lowest labor market in the region, Thailand's workforce is among the most cost-efficient in the world, as they have earned a reputation for diligence and adaptability.

Minimum Daily Wage by Region:

Bangkok, Nakon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon 170 Baht
Phuket 168 Baht
Chonburi 153 Baht
Saraburi 151 Baht
Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima and Phangna 145 Baht
Ranong and Rayong 143 Baht
Phra Nakhon Sri Autthaya 142 Baht
Chachoengsao and Krabi 140 Baht
Ang Thong Chanthaburi, Kanchanaburi, Phetchaburi, Ratchaburi and Samut Songkram 138 Baht
Chumphon, Lamphun, Sa Kaeo and Sukhothai 137 Baht
Buri Ram, Kamphaeng Phet, Khon Kaen, Lop Buri, Prachin Buri, Sing Buri, Suphan Buri and Trang 136 Baht
Amnat Charoen, Chai Nat, Chaiyaphom, Kalasin, Lampang, Loei, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Sawan, Kakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Nong Bua Lomphu, Nong Khai, Pattani, Phattalung, Phetchabun, Phitsanulok, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Roi Et, Sakhon Nakhon, Satun, Songkhla, Si Saket, Surat Thani, Tak, Trat, Udon Thani, Uttaradit and Yala 135 Baht
Nakhon Nayok and Phichit 134 Baht
Kanchanaburi, Kalasin, Kamphaengpet, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Phanom, Trat, Chai Nat, Chumphon, Prachin Buri, Songkhla, Phetchabun, Ratchaburi, Sura Thani, Nong Bua Lamphu, Uthai Thani 135 Baht
Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, Maha Sarakham, Nan, Phrae, Phayao, Surin, Ubon Ratchathani, and Yasothon 133 Baht
Source: Bank of Thailand
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Onlyme
Professional
Professional

Retirement.

Post by Onlyme »

I'm not ready to retire yet but when I do I am planning on Baht 100,000 per month. It really depends on the lifestyle you want when you retire but I do not intend to end up like a lot of other retirees around who are constantly having to be careful
You also need to use your brain, it's not just the money.

I've met quite a few people who receive that amount and seen them off on the plane back from whence they came.

It's not the amount you receive....It's how you use it!
Onlyme.
PS. I live on under half of what you require. I play golf 3 times per week, go out 6 nights a week, smoke, UBC and the rest. I also speak and read Thai. You might need the 100,000 because when you're paying 50 baht for the bananas, I'll be getting them for 15 baht!
¼Ã