New outdoor food courts on 88 and 94

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Re: New outdoor food courts on 88 and 94

Post by Big Boy »

huahin4ever wrote:According to my wife it isn't a food court, but a new outdoor market somewhat in the Cicada style or similar. She has this information from her niece which is working for the land owner/developer.
Hmmm.............. somebody is playing games then. I wonder why the company's website says something else?

It looks a lot like a food court to me:
foodcourt.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Well, Cicada has a food court... but that's not all that's there.

But yes, that photos sure looks like it's 'just' a food court.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The RUMOUR that I'd heard is that the Soi 112 market will be moved to the area behind the food court. However, comparing Cicada with Soi 112 is a bit chalk and cheese.

Points 41; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Here's a few Photos of the soi 88 food Court.
Attachments
Live Music
Live Music
Indian Food 120 Baht
Indian Food 120 Baht
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

More photos as the evening progressed.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Attachments
Dusk
Dusk
Traditional Thai BBQ Delivered To Table
Traditional Thai BBQ Delivered To Table
Band Setting Up
Band Setting Up
Great Ambiance
Great Ambiance
The First Band Of The Evening
The First Band Of The Evening
Draught Leo And Chang 60 Baht A Pint
Draught Leo And Chang 60 Baht A Pint

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Great pics, Kendo. However that is the existing food court which has been there for several years and is well established. This thread is about the 'new' food court on soi 94 which we are all interested in.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

HHTel wrote:Great pics, Kendo. However that is the existing food court which has been there for several years and is well established. This thread is about the 'new' food court on soi 94 which we are all interested in.

HHTel this thread is for both venues. On my last visit 15 months ago to Hua Hin this food court was a third of the size it is today.
I also think this venue really does deserve the publicity we had a really enjoyable family evening there and it was really cheap and clean.

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

"15 months ago to Hua Hin this food court was a third of the size it is today."

I have been visiting this food court with my family for a number of years. The only change in the last couple of years is they rebuilt and extended the court (to the left as you look at it) and wiped out the small shops and salons on the roadside. It was busy years ago but I admit that it has become much more popular in the last two years. I was homing in on the 'NEW' in the thread title. The one by the 7/11's in no way can be classed as 'new' but improved.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

New or old isn't really relevant. If it has been there many years, then it has been significantly refurbished in the last 12 months. I drive past there several times each day, and the concrete hardstand and row upon row of stone tables are definitely a new(ish) innovation. The important thing is that there is a huge variety of street food, both Thai and International available in a clean environment at street food prices, and it's very good.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

HHTell don't argue with Mod's you never gonna win :(

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nobody is arguing - we are discussing, which is what forums are all about :D

Points 41; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Yes I would say really well run. They have cleaners in blue t-shirts constantly going around cleaning so no litter or dog mess and only saw one soi dog that layed on the tiles where the band played to cool off.

In the photo titled Dusk I ordered some Indian food looking diagonal in the corner at the furthest food stall is Sanji. I wanted some onion barji's to go with my 99 Baht set meal and they told me it would be five minuits so I told them to bring it over to me at table A24. I said to Big Boy that this was a little test, and yes the food was brought over to me on a tray. I enjoyed my food for just 120 Baht and made a point of returning their crockery and thanking them for bringing it over to me.

The stone tables are really good and at a push you could seat ten persons around them. They are also good to have those Thai style BBQ on with the charcoal. They are also cleaned at regular intervals, one of my pet hates is when you go to sit at a vacant table and it's not been cleaned to an exceptable standard.

The live music was two bands the second was the better of the two but the volume was a little too loud. In one of the photos you can see a projector that we had seen the night before projecting music videos off the wall with piped music after 11.00 pm.

In my opinion this venue is fantastic, cheap clean and something for everyone. I always spend in excess of 50k Thai Baht in my first week staying in the heart of town renting three rooms and eating there. Next year we will think about basing our selves up the 88 or 94 area and see how much money I will save I can always get a tuk tuk into town for a few beers.

bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:Nobody is arguing - we are discussing, which is what forums are all about :D
I know but the " old food court " on 88 is hardly news whatever new concrete they made, why does you guys ask people tell us to stay on topic such as about restaurat news ?

Yoyu guys doing a great job but sometimes looks like you agree with each other to much.

:cheers: :cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

One point I raised in my initial post was--What is this doing to the small family owned restaurants--I think that there isa shift so that the BIG families make the profits--same , same.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

bsdk1960 wrote:I know but the " old food court " on 88 is hardly news whatever new concrete they made, why does you guys ask people tell us to stay on topic such as about restaurat news ?
The OP called it new, not me. If you read what I said is maybe it's refurbished - is the age really that important?

The topic is about food courts on Soi 88 and Soi 94 - I think it is still on topic, Restaurant news is a topic in its own right, and is limited to restaurant news. This is a member recommendation, not news.

It's a clean, relaxed food outlet with a great selection of food and drink at great prices.

Regarding the OP statement, "These places are not just another alternative but may change the eating patterns in HH. . Already small family restaurants in the area are suffering and closing." I think he is probably right. I went there for the first time since it took on its current look last Saturday. I liked it so much I returned on Sunday. I'm already planning another visit this coming Sunday. It has won me over, and I believe other local businesses must be suffering.

With over 50 stalls selling different types of Thai and International food I can buy exactly the kind of food I want, while others buy exactly what they want. People are not limited by a menu.

Points 41; Position 18