New Post Office in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

New Post Office in Hua Hin

Post by Pleng »

There's a new post office being built next to the airport. I don't know if this is to replace or compliment the existing one.
PeteC

Re: New Post Office

Post by PeteC »

Maybe it's so the management can make a speedy escape when the town people march on the place with torches and a noose? :shock: :duck:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

You would hope that if it's a replacement, then it includes new staff too, otherwise you can't expect much of an improvement even if it is bigger. - coming from HH its on the same side as the airport, but it's before you get their just past the Koncept furniture shop.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'd be really surprised if this will be a new central post office. The old one says that it's closed temporarily and is currently housed in a large store on Petcha (I forget the name). It would make absolutely no sense to move the main post office out of town. Maybe a sorting office as the old one was bursting at the seams.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I remember seeing a crudely map when I was in the main post office in town a few months back. It had 'temp building' marked on it somewhere near Index living mall, and "new building" marked somewhere else that I couldn't figure out - I presume that it must be the one that's at the airport. Obviously, though, "new" doesn't necessarily mean replacement.

While it would make no sense to move the main office out of town, post offices aren't usually so central in Thailand towns, are they? And I'm sure that location would be relatively well sought after by prospective business owners.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

You would hope that if it's a replacement, then it includes new staff too

... and a parking lot. One of my worst gripes about parking in Hua HIn was having to try to find it when I had to go to the post office. I usually ended up having to park about a kilometer south (across from Villa Market) on Phetkasem road!
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

hhfarang wrote:

... and a parking lot. One of my worst gripes about parking in Hua HIn was having to try to find it when I had to go to the post office. I usually ended up having to park about a kilometer south (across from Villa Market) on Phetkasem road!
The beauty of the new place and being out of town is that it does have reasonable parking.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Fantastic, a post office next to airport, reasonable parking.......why not at Palau...a lot of parking space....
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote:
hhfarang wrote:

The beauty of the new place and being out of town is that it does have reasonable parking.
The same thought occurred to me, but like you, DB, I live nearer Cha-am than HH! :laugh:
This is the way
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

Are you guessing there is going to be a new post office. Anything in black and white?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Black and white, no, but there's a big building in red and white being erected next to the airport, covered in post office logos.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:

The same thought occurred to me, but like you, DB, I live nearer Cha-am than HH! :laugh:[/quote]
Well we don't have to worry then as our post office in Cha Am provides a great service :thumb:
glamont002
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin Post Office

Post by glamont002 »

The main post office by the police station has closed. Does anyone know where the new PO is located? Someone said near the airport, but I can't find it.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Post Office

Post by robcar »

The temporary office is in Pure Plaza on Petchkasem Road, second floor. Same side as the Esso station but a little further south. Sorting office is Soi 16
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Post Office

Post by LolaBeltran »

The NEW post office is right next to the Hua Hin Airport control tower.. .beside the furniture store. Look for the control tower and you cant miss it. I dont think it is quite ready to open yet. . .needs to have a big shot opening I would imagine. Strange placement. It is not going to be very convenient for people living in central Hua hin . .that's for sure.