Where to buy Deep Cycle battery in Hua Hin?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Where to buy Deep Cycle battery in Hua Hin?

Post by HHCanuck »

Where can I buy a deep cycle battery in Hua Hin?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: Where to buy Deep Cycle battery in Hua Hin?

Post by barrys »

You could contact Gem Car Asia - they're located almost opposite HH Hospital. They sell and supply golf carts/electric vehicles and parts. http://www.gemcarasia.co.th/en/contact- ... act-huahin

Or contact 3K Batteries direct. They manufacture in BKK and I always used to source my DC batteries directly from them.
Don't bother buying the expensive foreign ones promising 1200 or 1400 charge cycles. The ambient temperature in Thailand kills them.
3K are the cheapest and you'll get about 2 1/2 years life out of it if you treat it well.
You'll only get the same lifespan from the very expensive one.

What size do you need and what are you using it for, if I may ask?
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Re: Where to buy Deep Cycle battery in Hua Hin?

Post by HHCanuck »

Actually I was planning on getting a boat deep cycle battery to attach to my computers UPS. This is can be done I have read examples on the internet however from further research I have determined the size of UPS I have could not keep cool enough for extended operation due to the small heat sink. If I had a larger model it would be possible without modifying the heat sink to run continuously for an hour.

I decided instead to buy replacement batteries from Lazada COD. 12v 7.2 ah