New bus service Hua Hin to Bangkok, Don Muang, Mor Chit

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Re: New bus service Hua Hin to Bangkok, Don Muang, Mor Chit

Post by Big Boy »

OK, I've just used the bus. Thing to remember is that it only costs just over half of what the other airport bus costs.

Inside was nice enough. 4 seats across, but loads of leg room, and a considerable recline/leg rest. 8 rows of seats on a normal sized bus. At the back there was wooden panel/door. However, much to the discomfort of a couple of passengers, the door was not concealing a toilet. 3.5 hours with no toilet facilities can be painful - a definite problem.

Bus delivers passengers to the bus station first, before driving on to the airport. The driver drove straight into the airport, and dropped us right outside of departures, which is a big improvement on the mini bus drop off.

I'd use it again, but be watchful of my liquid intake before departure.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I gasped when I saw three and a half hours but If you take the minibus to Vic Mon, it takes at least 40min to get to DM, so that is close to three and a half hours.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We used the mini bus direct to Don Muang last time. Nervous passenger that I am, it was a little too white knuckle for me. Each to his own - this is cheaper as well.

We weren't in a hurry, and the extra comfort was certainly worth it.

Points 41; Position 18
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

oakdale160 wrote:why does this happen--I clickon this thread, it says page 1 and that there are 10 posts, but only one is there to read. How do you get back and read the whole thread.
I know what you mean, I have never said anything about this but it gets a little annoying ever since they "updated" the forum, this never used to happen in the past.

When I click on "Latest Topics" 75% of the time it also just shows the one post, I have to go to the top and follow the thread backwards...

Home<Hua Hin Forum<Thai Style<On The Road or wherever it is.

Someone needs to update the code on this site so it fixes this issue. Glad to know its not just me that has the problem.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
ianfrussell
Novice
Novice

Post by ianfrussell »

ok yep it's the bus terminal, thanks for that. There's no service to Morchit though, that seems to a bit of a red herring.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We stopped at a bus terminal, but no idea if that was Morchit. However, they told us if we wanted to catch the return service, we'd need to get a taxi to Morchit to catch it. I can only conclude from that, the bus does go to Morchit.

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Post by Pagey »

I've just been to the bus station to ask about busses to Mo Chit, I thought I had read that the DM bus goes there. The girl behind the desk seemed stressed, there was a lot of people milling about and a sign on the window said if booking for Feb then go inside with an arrow pointing to the room on the right, which also seemed full.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Anyone took this bus to Mo Chit ?

I've just asked at the counter in the bus station and the lady said not here, Market Village and walked away.
I don't want to take the mini van if this bigger more comfortable bus goes there.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hockeyrick

Post by hockeyrick »

Anybody know if any vans leave/return from the Impact arena area?
So Cal guy into a lot!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

hockeyrick wrote:Anybody know if any vans leave/return from the Impact arena area?
If it is the Motor Show at Impact that you are wanting to go to, they usually run a free shuttle bus from Mor Chit BTS station. Some years since I have needed to use it, so not sure if it still operates. If not, then there are always taxis in both directions.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hockeyrick

Post by hockeyrick »

I live here during week coz teach at Rangsit U and go huahin on weekends coz have house, see many vans near Impact at Nike Outlet, just wondering if anyone runs to Huahin
So Cal guy into a lot!
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Yesterday I was at the bus station Soi 96 and went to the Sombattour-counter to buy a ticket for the big bus in 3 weeks at 9h to Don Muang. But the lady said, the bus does not stop in Don Muang.
I called the 1215 number, but there was only some messages and no opportunity to talk to a person. Then I called the call center at 02-792-1456. This number is invalid! What now?
Did anyone go with this bus recently?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

My wife wanted to go to DM by bus this week and was told the same, there is no direct service to DM. If you do not want to go by mini bus or taxi the only option is to go to Suvarnabhumi then take the free shuttle to DM which can be a two hour trip, making a total of 5 to 6 hours just to get to DM, better to go by taxi.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Clivep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Clivep »

Sombat Tour bus terminal in Bangkok is at Vibhawadi Rangsit soi 13 (more or less opposite Central Ladphrao) - the location is clearly marked on the map at the ticket office window in Hua Hin bus station or Google 'Sombat Tour' and you will get a map showing the location. From the terminal to Don Muang will be about 15min /100 baht taxi - if you don't want to pay the airport taxi fee for the return journey use Uber. It's not difficult.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Took the 9am Sombat bus from Hua Hin (Soi 96) to Mo Chit last week.
Everything seemed fine (smiling hostess, free water, '3 seats wide' bus) and the bus left at 9am, but the bus broke down (engine problem) about half way.
Although bus was almost full, no one seemed distressed so I guess they did not have to make a flight.
A replacement bus arrived and we got to Mo Chit with about 1.5 to 2 hour delay.
Then an easy transfer onto BTS at Mo Chit.
Still don't know if the bus was going on to Don Muang - everyone seemed to get off the bus at Mo Chit.

Decided to try the return trip a few days later - from Mo Chit BTS to HH.
Advised to take a no. 3 bus from Mo Chit BTS to Mo Chit bus station.
It took about 15 minutes on what turned out to be a free shuttle bus (saw several signs to Don Muang so must be nearby).
The Mo Chit bus station was enormous - fields filled with groups of blue buses and minivans - seemed like in different sectors. (Don't know if this is so called Mo Chit 2?)
After 10 minute walk around, found a minibus leaving for Hua Hin.
Would take the inward leg to Bangkok again, but not the outward leg to HH - there has to be a better way.....