Hua Hin to Almaty by train

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Jools

Hua Hin to Almaty by train

Post by Jools »

Much similar to Henry and Linda in 2014, and I can't thank them enough for their support, information and encouragement to do the trip, I am travelling through to Almaty, Kazakhstan by train.
I have set up a website cum blog for the journey and will post onto the website as often as possible.
http://www.js-train-journey.com
I hope the forum moderators won't mind me posting this information.
Play Up Pompey
Bamboo Grove

Re: Hua Hin to Almaty by train

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I'm looking forward to your trip reports. Have a good one.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Have a good trip, Jools. We look forward to reading your trip report. We have photos of our trip as screen-savers on this computer, and I just want to do it again. Enjoy every moment, and savour every experience.

Linda & Henry :cheers:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Have nice and safe trip,will follow the blog with the same interest as I did with Linda and Henry's

:cheers: :cheers:
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Have a great trip Jools. I didn't manage to follow Linda & Henry's epic trip "live", so look forward to doing so with yours. :thumb:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

I'll be very interested to follow your trip on the web site posted, but do you think it is a good idea to post picture and give the address of your place in HH.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Seems, it's sometimes quite hard to be a solo traveller in China, particularly if you don't know any of the language. :D
Jools

Post by Jools »

You're very right there Bamboo. Most of the time now seems to be getting any motivation to do anything. Think the trip would be a lot better with travel mates in whatever form!!
Play Up Pompey
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Very good reading, though and brings me memories when I traveled in China by train in the late 80's. I had knowledge of some Chinese so it wasn't as difficult for me as some things have seemed to be for you. Just being able to read is a big advantage. Your trip to Urumqi reminded me of my trip when I did some translations between two Chinese and one Japanese. It was a bit embarrassing as the Chinese were accusing the Japanese about the happenings during WWII. The Japanese apologized but said that he wasn't even born in those days.