CHRISTMAS DAY - ROCK AND ROAST

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

That poem is by Sir William Topaz McGonagall, but I have no idea where he was born, so my guess is Dundee?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Wanderlust wrote:That poem is by Sir William Topaz McGonagall, but I have no idea where he was born, so my guess is Dundee?
You guys are good...LOL. The Christmas golden goose goes to Wanderlust! :D :cheers: Pete

William Topaz McGonagall, poet and tragedian of Dundee, has been widely hailed as the writer of the worst poetry in the English language.
A self-educated hand loom weaver from Dundee, he discovered his discordant muse in 1877 and embarked upon a 25 year career as a working poet, delighting and appalling audiences across Scotland and beyond.

http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/index.shtml
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

I believe a Turket is a young, not fully-grown male bird.
Female would be Turkette. :wink:
Sounds like a good feed, I'm sorry I'll miss it :cry:
kiwi P

Post by kiwi P »

J W did you get receive my booking for 4...Looking forward to Xmas - new year in H.H...

Jingle Bells

:cheers: Peace Out..
Every day is a good day 6ft above the ground
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

Pete,

If my knowledge of thai slang is still up to scratch, I think a turket puss may have enjoyed a dundee?

Not a time to be having porridge.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

prcscct wrote:What ever happened to the Christmas goose? I thought that was the British traditional holiday dish? :D :cheers: Pete
We'll be having goose. Would you expect anything else? :wink:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Jaime wrote:
prcscct wrote:What ever happened to the Christmas goose? I thought that was the British traditional holiday dish? :D :cheers: Pete
We'll be having goose. Would you expect anything else? :wink:
How does Mrs. Jaime feel about that? I see geese here but know of no Thai who has ever eaten one. They seem to be pets and egg suppliers rather than for the oven. Pete :cheers:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Got your booking kiwiP.

Cheers

JW
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Our Rock and Roast is fully booked now. Anyone wants to enjoy some beers and the band from 5pm is very welcome, sure that we will all be pretty merry by then!

All the best

Johnnie :cheers:
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

Turducken

Post by ITKMAN »

That would be a Turkey stuffed with a duck which is stuffed with a chicken...Served on Thanksgiving Day at the NFL game by John Madden
Hawaii/LOS..wicked style, MON!
kiwi P

Post by kiwi P »

What a cracker you put on J.W we all enjoyed our xmas day with ya's...Many thanks to you and your staff........coming down for a revier or 2...God knows i need it.........
Every day is a good day 6ft above the ground
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Cheers kiwiP,

Was good fun getting it all together, not perfect but i think it was ok. Had trouble keeping everything warm, learnt a few lessons for next year!!
Thanks to all who could make it, HUGE thanks to JD and his staff for the top quality food they provided, just wish he could have seen the band.

Moments of madness in the kitchen were blasted away when the band arrived and rocked the place!!
Moment of the night - without question was Farook (Dawns son) sitting right in front of the band rocking along, at the end of one song he went up to Cartoon (band leader) and asked " Can you play Smoke Water please!!!" boy did he get it, one of the best versions i have heard them do. The young fella has a real ear for music, he even volunteered to do the tip box duty.

Thanks again to all who came, see ya next year (maybe!).

JW
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Great day/evening JW! Far too much to drink for me - think the B52s were a bad idea! :oops: :wink:

Littl'un had a terrific time. Thanks to you & Jenny for keeping him so thoroughly entertained. He really loved both of you.

Thanks again for a thoroughly enjoyable Christmas Day! :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Was our pleasure, he is a great wee fella and certainley added to my day.
Today has been tough! :cheers: