Prostate Cancer

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
mo1

Prostate Cancer

Post by mo1 »

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer which spread into pelvic bone,
after months of trying just about every hospital I am sorry to say that
I have not found Urologist which seems to install in me any confidence in his
experience.
I am appealing for anyone with knowledge or information about a urologist/oncologist
which i could try before embarking on offshore extremely expensive options which my be
beyond my capacity.
many thanks in advance
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Prostate Cancer

Post by Spitfire »

If it was me I'd go to Bangkok and have a look at Bunrungrad Hospital...one of the best here, period. Not the cheapest, but probably a better bet than offshore tbh....price wise.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

mo1, sorry to hear about your problem.

You mention that the cancer has spread to your pelvic bone. Have you been given a diagnosis as to what "Stage number" the bone cancer is? As this will define what treatment you can be given.

As Spitfire suggests, the big hospitals in BKK like Bunrungrad, would be my first port of call.
Good luck to you.

:thumb:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Bumrungrad is the best. Their web site:

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/diagnose-or-treat

Good luck.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Bumrungrad hospital ask for Dr Paiboon. Really fantastic doctor. I'm a little biased as he treated both me and a close friend and we are both still here to tell the tale. He lived and worked in Liverpool for a number of years and his English is excellent. Good Luck
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

a thai scouser--what more coulf you want
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by zingerhk »

If money is tight, I strongly recommend http://www.si.mahidol.ac.th/en/

A government hospital but they have excellent doctors. You don't get the hotel like suites but costs a fraction of private hospitals!!!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

oakdale160 wrote:a thai scouser--what more coulf you want
He is a real rough diamond and still has that indefinable Scouser humour. Last time I met him he was in an Irish Pub with a large group of people and they turned out to all be transplant patients and they were organising a team for the Transplant Games (Olympics for transplant patients)
He works as the head of Urology at King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital and moonlights at Bumrungrad for the cash :D
Really great guy
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Sounds like a good recommendation to me. Also I've heard insurance companies sometimes ask for a second opinion from Bumrangrad if they suspect another hospital is over prescribing.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

dundrillin wrote:insurance companies sometimes ask for a second opinion from Bumrangrad if they suspect another hospital is over prescribing.
I know a lady who has recently gone back to the UK for treatment after being diagnosed in a Hua Hin hospital. When she got there, she was asked, "What cancer?"
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Big Boy wrote:
dundrillin wrote:insurance companies sometimes ask for a second opinion from Bumrangrad if they suspect another hospital is over prescribing.
I know a lady who has recently gone back to the UK for treatment after being diagnosed in a Hua Hin hospital. When she got there, she was asked, "What cancer?"
Hardly surprising if she was presenting with prostate cancer.
:duck:
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde