Kasikorn short service suspension

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Kasikorn short service suspension

Post by PBbeacher »

All services suspended from 2.30-6.30am Sunday October 23rd. Source = customer service email received today as per attachment.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Kasikorn short service suspension Oct. 23rd

Post by StevePIraq »

Damn now what an I going to do at 2:30am on a Sunday
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

No mention of changing the staff for people who know what they are doing!

:twisted:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

It's a learning curve, come back in 50 years for an update
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

I used my card to withdraw about £250 in Baht from my account with the Kasikorn branch on Petch
Back in 2001. The machine whirred and clicked but gave me no money! Yet my UK bank
Showed a debit for the amount? It took 4 years and a trip to U.K. To finally sort it out.
So I suppose 50 years is good going. :guns:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

And the moral of the story is " Do not use bank cards in any country than that which it was issued in".

My Australian card was swallowed in Tajikistan, (who even knows where that is). No one spoke English, I was boarding a domestic flight in 30 minutes and it was night time. It took almost six months to get a new card. Luckily no cash went astray.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

I have found Kasikorn Bank excellent.My UK bank is RBS therefore I have low expectations. However I have no complaints about Kasikorn ie good opening hours, Internet banking is very straightforward and as soon as any money is withdrawn from your account you get an instantaneous text to your mobile.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

sorry.... slightly off topic;
I'm trying to setup an international 'Payee' on my Kbank online account. My domestic payees were added almost automatic but several days have past and the international account (my U.K. account) is still not showing in the drop-down box.
Anyone have any idea how this works?
Cheers,
GN.
buksida

Post by buksida »

You cant add overseas accounts due to money transfer restrictions in Thailand, you have to physically go into the bank with a load of paperwork.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

buksida wrote:You cant add overseas accounts due to money transfer restrictions in Thailand, you have to physically go into the bank with a load of paperwork.
Finally made it to Kasikorn bank today and confirmed what you have said Buksida. In order for me to setup an international payee on my internet banking I would need a work-permit to prove where my funds are coming from - so no good to me.
They did advise that I can do the transfer in person at the bank though which is fine at the moment.
In future, if I'm not in Thailand and need my cash; withdrawing cash at an ATM is the only solution so not all bad...
:cheers:
GN.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Kasikorn short service suspension

Post by Ginjaninja »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kasikorn-U.K. bank transfer completed Monday. All went pretty smoothly... or so I thought.
Just received a phone-call from k-bank advising that I cannot transfer Thai Baht overseas... WTF??
I can transfer another currency but not thb. :|
So now my funds will be returned to my account and I have to make another trip to the bank to redo all the transfer paperwork.
Any one got any idea what the h*ll is going on here?
:cheers:
GN.

Edit: I stated Thai baht on the form assuming it would automatically be converted to pounds sterling...
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

This is Ting Tong Land, I'm sure when I did my transfers I only stipulated xxxx Baht and they automatically converted to sterling at the going rate. You are not actually transferring any notes what bullshit
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

You probably wouldn't want them to transfer Thai baht to UK anyway. A UK bank would give you a truly crap exchange rate. Specify sterling and get the local bank's rate. It'll be a lot better. They did you a favour.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

^
Thanks hhinner. I hope you're right..
GN.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace