Starbucks Coffee Shops

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Starbucks Coffee Shops

Post by Name Taken »

Why are Starbucks Coffee Shops such a popular hangout joint for every Lo-so misfit degenerate farang in Thailand? Yesterday I see some 70 looking 'BOEING' t-shirt wearing farang intimately holding hands with his 20 year old Thai girlfriend/wife in Starbucks or you see some farangs that spend four hours sitting in Starbucks every single day playing on their MacBook laptops. In another Starbucks their was a couple of old sexpats doing nothing but talking about 'boom boom'.
It's like Starbucks Coffee Shops are a magnet for all the 'undesirable' farangs in Thailand.

:rant: :laugh:
Big Boy

Re: Starbucks Coffee Shops

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - so which category do you fall into?

Seriously, I went in once, quite a few years ago (before Market Village) to get out of the rain. I was soooo shocked at the price of a cup of coffee in Thailand that I vowed never to go in again (I seem to remember it was about the cost of 3 beers at the time), rain or no rain.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

They go for their daily energy hit as they can't afford heroin. Toooo much sugar

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... sta-coffee
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I remember my first week in Thai, in BKK. I went out and had a very good street food dinner for 60b, then went to s"bucks and had a coffee 80b--Something wrong here i thought.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Much worse now, many coffee shops selling these iced teas with cream on top for 125baht
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Back to the original post, I don't like SB's mainly due to the unhealthy drinks but may I ask why so negative? Do you really thing SB's has more low lifes than say Soi 80 or 88 food court.
It is not just SB's you see 70+ with a 20s chicks, this is Thailand and sadly this is life here, I don't agree with it but if not so why does HHAD have an entire section for "Night Crawlers" where the sole purpose is to find bar girls (prostitutes) and sex massage shops.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

As a tea drinker, I like SB. I can get a huge mug of tea for 90 baht. Okay silly money really, but so many coffee shops here don't sell tea or just flavoured stuff. Amazon sell Twinings English brekky tea for 40 baht, but I don't want a small cup or have to go and sit in a garage.
Talk is cheap
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Does the "OP"believe that Starbucks in Hua Hin is any different from their branches anywhere else in Asia?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thistle wrote:Does the "OP"believe that Starbucks in Hua Hin is any different from their branches anywhere else in Asia?
Also does the OP think it's one or all of Hua Hin's coffee shops?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Maybe the OP is just grumpy as he did not have a 20 year old on his arm. :laugh: :laugh:
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Since when has a visit to Starbucks been mandatory?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

70 yr. old men have 20 or 30 yr. old women because there aren't any 70 yr. old women who want sex on a regular basis.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

hmm...I thought it was about Starbucks coffee...
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Big Boy wrote:LOL - so which category do you fall into?

Seriously, I went in once, quite a few years ago (before Market Village) to get out of the rain. I was soooo shocked at the price of a cup of coffee in Thailand that I vowed never to go in again (I seem to remember it was about the cost of 3 beers at the time), rain or no rain.
I don't fall into any of those categories.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Hahuahin wrote:hmm...I thought it was about Starbucks coffee...
Nope the OP was about aged low life's who frequent SB's with 20 year old chicks. Personally I would not visit as my life is sweet enough without 20+ spoons of sugar in a coffee.