BluePort best choice for Family Dinner?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Peter1990
Rookie
Rookie

BluePort best choice for Family Dinner?

Post by Peter1990 »

Which restaurant would you recommend for a good quality family dinner in the BluPort mall?
We're open to a wide variety of cuisine, and prefer a relaxed, relatively quiet atmosphere and don't mind paying an above average price if the quality matches.

I'd like to have chosen a good seafood place, but seeing the report from the wine connection makes me a bit hesitant.

Thanks for your help!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: BluePort best choice for Family Dinner?

Post by Pagey »

There's a lot nicer settings than a shopping mall for a nice meal in HH IMO.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I agree I would never go to a shopping Mall for a good meal, there are lots of better restaurants. But if you do eat there then Sizzler has very good food with an exceptional free salad bar (I don't know of any other restaurant with such a salad bar), children enjoy helping themselves. The Coffee Club also has very good food with an aircon room where you can watch the traffic go by.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Stay out of COCA. Poor quality.
Peter1990
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Peter1990 »

Thanks for all the hints.
I wasn't quite expecting a Michelin star restaurant, nor the nicest beach front setting, and this isn't meant as the location of the ultimate dinner in town. Sorry if I did not make that clear.
I have never been to Bluport and hoped to be able to combine a late afternoon shopping trip with a good quality meal.

Sizzler (as well as the MK's of the world) will likely offer dependable quality, maybe just a bit too predictable for my taste.

..any more suggestions, please let me know.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I enjoy the Food Court there. Unlike the food court at MV, Bluport's is good quality and if you explain you're willing to pay more, they will adjust portion size for you.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Peter1990 wrote:Thanks for all the hints.
I wasn't quite expecting a Michelin star restaurant, nor the nicest beach front setting, and this isn't meant as the location of the ultimate dinner in town. Sorry if I did not make that clear.
I have never been to Bluport and hoped to be able to combine a late afternoon shopping trip with a good quality meal.
Well, notwithstanding the oily fish issue, I would personally recommend the Western themed food at Wine Connection (to the left as you enter from Petch road). I've eaten there a few times and always enjoyed my meal. It is very popular with Thai's and farangs and is very successful. They're part of a chain of restaurants and wine off-licenses.

It's also pleasant to sit outside, the road is quite a way away and you're buffered by the lake with huge fish and they'll provide a fan.
Talk is cheap
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Some restaurants charge VAT + service so about 17% on average and perhaps that might be checked if cost is a consideration
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

I have heard andres restaurant which is a fine dining italian restaurant is very good, its right next door as you drive into Bluport mall
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I would definitely go to Andreas! Just walk out of Bluport and it's there on the right! Nice open air terrace on the upper floor too.
Peter1990
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Peter1990 »

Thank you so much Jingjoe and CamelJockey for the tip about Andreas' Ristorante.
That really sounds and looks excellent.
I would likely have missed it without your help.
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

There is a burger place - just opposite the gourmet food hall - think it's called 32 Burger or something similar. Very nice munch indeed, not expensive at all, and with some nice side dishes. They also had root beer (canned) and nice cherry cola. Even my fussy wife enjoyed it. Would be good for a westernized family