The 5 most British dishes

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The 5 most British dishes

Post by oakdale160 »

Sundays in Britain when I was living there.
8 am Holy Communion at the C of E church
9.30am 18 holes of golf (In less than 3 hours) followed by a couple ofbeers
2pm Home for Sunday lunch
Roast Welsh Lamb with mint sauce (Fresh mint from Garden) roast potatoes and a green veg.
3pm Fall into a coma.
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

A packet of crisps = if on a sandwich, then it is definitely a British meal. Do not know about America as I am not allowed to go there, but the rest of the world falls very short where it comes to crisp flavours.

Actually, anything on a sandwich goes in Scotland, and I mean anything.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

blahblah wrote:Actually, anything on a sandwich goes in Scotland, and I mean anything.
Well in a country that deep fries Mars bars that shouldn't come as a surprise :lach:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

aragon wrote: Well in a country that deep fries Mars bars that shouldn't come as a surprise :lach:
:D That is very true

I'm 50 this year and have never even seen a deep fried Mars Bar - I will on my 50th birthday ensure that I try one. I have seen deep fried Pizza though

Pickled onion crisps on a sandwich, with a slice of plastic wrapped cheese, and some left over crisps as a side plate is indeed a meal, a culinary delight to some.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

London's pie & mash with liquor (basically parsley sauce) and lots of moody (chili) vinegar please. And I agree with above, Full English or a nice roast dinner over quinoa (I'm disgusted with that suggestion. Just because the chubby kn*bhead cooked it doesn't make it a British classic! :naughty:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I just thought, if we're talking British not just English, how about deep fried Mars Bars too?
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

404cameljockey wrote:I just thought, if we're talking British not just English, how about deep fried Mars Bars too?
Oops sorry, I see it's been covered already (with batter!)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

1.overcooked veges
2. overcooked meat
3. weak coffee
4. white bread
5. marmite