@letic Fitness center

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Re: @letic Fitness center

Post by dalmatiandave »

Choice is a lovely word and I exercise my right to choose everyday. In terms of gyms there may not be a great choice in Hua Hin but @letic fills my needs and pocket comfortably.
Rockraw
Novice
Novice

Post by Rockraw »

@letic at 2200THB/month is a complete waste of money for the poorly designed facilities they offer. No sauna, spa area, and small fitness area. If 15 people decide to lift weights and 10 people are on exercise bikes it's overcrowded and you'll be waiting around. Moreover, the interior has very high ceilings with only TWO air cons and several ceiling fans to obviously save on their electric costs at the expense of being able to breathe. That means it's very hot inside at times when compared to other gyms in Bangkok or anywhere, there are relatively few people. About the equipment, it's ok (old style Technogym stuff), but I've been in gyms literally all over the world and I've never seen a worse benchpress.

The lockers are very small and the locker room is also small. They used to have a Massage/Spa place next to it and it closed because they have no customers. The owners are two Danish and British old weasels who look like they're in their 70s. They charge Thais less than foreigners which even though it is common in Thailand, if you're one of those fed up individuals that hates this enough to boycott any place engaging in a discriminatory practice of this nature, you will want to AVOID THIS PLACE. They also charge an outrageous 40,000THB/month rent for the outdoor restaurant near the parking lot run by a Thai family. These old weasels are classic ripoffs who give foreigners a bad name.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

couldn't agree more about @letic

also running machines set to walking pace !?!?