Hoilday in august -couple of questions

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
rick999
Novice
Novice

Hoilday in august -couple of questions

Post by rick999 »

Hi people

I've been to Thailand quite a few times so not a newbie but this is the first time with the family. and first time in Hua Hin

weather- Ok it's the monsoon I expect rain and heat but will it rain all day? in 10 days Aug1 to aug 10 would I be unlucky to have all 10 days rain all day. I believe Hua Hin the driest resort? ( I can only come in AUG)

As it's low season, will the restaurants and shops be open? will it be a ghost town? I have a 10 year old with us and would like to go out for meals ect.. will sfuff be open like the pool park and the elephant sanctuary?

thanks guys and enjoy the sun ......
Big Boy

Re: Hoilday in august -couple of questions

Post by Big Boy »

Normally it rains for 2 hours most afternoons. Just plan trips for morning/early afternoon. Then again, we've had a very wet January, and that should be dry.

Everything will be open.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
rick999
Novice
Novice

Post by rick999 »

Thanks for the reply

What's the best t to get from Bangkok? I was thinking Taxi, is there anything interesting on the way to break up the journey ?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Whenever possible, we tend to catch the Executive Bus from the Airport to Hua Hin.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=22325
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Big Boy wrote:Whenever possible, we tend to catch the Executive Bus from the Airport to Hua Hin.
I agree! Cheaper and much safer than a random taxi guy. Also possible to bring more luggage if you need that.