Electric Meter Box

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Electric Meter Box

Post by Name Taken »

Let me start off by saying that the past 3 weeks have been like a War for me, and War is Hell.
I have been trying to get the Power Company (PEA?) to install an Electric Meter Box on the electric power pole at my house in Nakhon Nowhere. Right now the house is siphoning power from here relatives house a few feet away and is inadequate to power everything in the house.
Several years ago the Power Company said they would come out to the house and install a meter box and the day they were supposed to come out they called and said we would have another week before they could do it.
Today a Power Company man came out to the house and scribbled some stuff onto paper and looked around in the house and said something in Thai to my girlfriend/wife and then drove away in his orange pick-up truck. My girlfriend/wife then said to me "We have to wait". :? And my girlfriend/wife told me that they would be installing the Electric Meter Box today. :? Total Chaos and Confusion is what it is.
My question is: Has anyone ever dealt with this kind of situation before? And how long did you have to wait?
It really does not seem all that difficult to me to install an Electric Meter Box on a concrete power pole, and I really do not want to have to stay connected and siphon electrical power from here relatives house forever.
Is the Power Company going to say "We'll come to your house in 1 week and install the Meter Box." and then the day they are supposed to do it they call again and say "Sorry, You will have to wait another week" and it just continues to be delayed and delayed and delayed again and again? :?
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Electric Meter Box

Post by huahin4ever »

Sounds like PEA. We had to replace ours and it took forever. They forgot, promised and forgot again. Not until we showed up at the PEA office and refused to leave before we got a confirmed time and promise, then something happened. But charge me an estimate amount for electricity for the 2 months the old one didn't work the for sure did!
YNWA
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

A friend nearby here in the South had built three houses on his property. Wanted a separate meter for each house. Took forever as they said they were classified as a Resort (and charged higher rates). After MONTHS went by my friends Thai wife went down to EGAT and confronted the director. After an hour and a half of this they finally said they would put in the three meters. A day or two later they came and put in three separate lines and three meters.

Now their only problem is that they need more power as the line outside doesn't deliver enough. There power can sink to below 170 volts at times which causes problems for their fixtures and appliances in house.

And I didn't get to even mention the power outages we have here routinely.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Name Taken wrote:My question is: Has anyone ever dealt with this kind of situation before?
LOL, we had to wait weeks. However, when we moved in, the house was plumbed straight into the main, without a meter. I must admit, I was a bit concerned the day they arrived to install the meter, because we'd been stealing electricity for about 3 months, but the guy didn't even bat an eyelid - just connected the meter into the existing wiring.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

The cost of this piece of garbage house is eating me alive! I have spent almost 150,000 baht in just 1 month alone! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE! Can you believe this shit!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What exactly have you spent 150,000 Baht on? Are you buying a power station to personally supply your box?

Points 41; Position 18
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Big Boy wrote:What exactly have you spent 150,000 Baht on? Are you buying a power station to personally supply your box?
No, I'm not buying a power station.
The PEA came out to the house and installed the Electric Meter Box yesterday and as expected all HELL broke loose. The Amp switches in the breaker box were to low(Amps) to power everything in the house so I had to buy a new breaker box. I have also had to buy a new refrigerator, an Air Conditioning unit for the living room so that I don't spontaneously combust, a new door handle/lock for the bedroom, a new water faucet for the bathroom, and new tires and wheels for my truck so that I don't have a tire blowout while driving down the road at over 100 kph. And this morning the water pump is not working properly.
And generally speaking my girlfriend/wife causing chaos which costs me money.
I really do not want to go back to Bangkok and rent another little tiny apartment room that probably has a bad uncomfortable mattress, a leaky Air Conditioning unit, a boken shower head, noisy neighbors, loud motorbikes drag racing up and down the streets right outside your apartment in the middle of the night and probably other problems too.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ah right - I thought you meant 150,000 for the Electric Meter Box.

Points 41; Position 18
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Big Boy wrote:
Name Taken wrote:My question is: Has anyone ever dealt with this kind of situation before?
LOL, we had to wait weeks. However, when we moved in, the house was plumbed straight into the main, without a meter. I must admit, I was a bit concerned the day they arrived to install the meter, because we'd been stealing electricity for about 3 months, but the guy didn't even bat an eyelid - just connected the meter into the existing wiring.
LOL, I wonder how many Amps the Amp switch in my girlfriends/wifes Mom's house can take. My girlfriends/wifes Mom's house must have a 200 Amp switch in it.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

There are some positive things that have happened. We have a new 7-11 that opened about 2 years ago, and the road to our house has been paved with concrete(before it was just a mud/dirt road). The road is very new and was built about 4-6 months ago.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

So Today, I am having to replace a DOOR KNOB! Because my girlfriend has broken the door knob. I lived in the U.S. my entire life and I have never, not even one time seen someone BREAK A DOOR KNOB! My girlfriend actually broke the door knob on our apartment in Bangkok, so this is the second time I am having to fix a broken door knob.
That's amazing actually broke the door knob, never seen that happen before. :?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - only two? We've lived here 5 years and have broken 4 knobs. Our worst one was our bedroom knob. It locked us in the bedroom (we never use the internal locks in our house), and there was no way we could get out. In the end we had to phone my daughter, who had to come around to free us. Even then, freedom could only be achieved with a hammer.

Points 41; Position 18