Hua Hin City 2017

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2017

Post by Big Boy »

Today's match will be shown via live feed on Facebook.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Suphanburi FC B 2 - 1 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

So the new season has kicked off for Hua Hin City.

Our new look team consisted of a goal keeper, 5 defenders and 5 midfielders. So it was no change - no room for attack.

Actually Hua Hin took the the lead after 15 minutes with their first serious venture into the opposition's half. It all came from a set piece halfway inside the Suphanburi half. Don't ask me who scored, as I only recognised Ali G and Roland.

Apart from that, it was all Suphanburi. SuphanBuri sealed the points with 2 goals in time added on in thr first half. Not a good start to the season.

Next week, 18 Feb'17 we're at home to Luk Isaan FC, 17:30 K.O.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Look E-San FC.jpg
Look E-San FC.jpg (104.96 KiB) Viewed 1066 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Excitement in the BB household is building today ahead of this season's T.4 kick off at Takiab Stadium. Wondering what this season will bring. All but 3 of last season's team have gone. Will there be any silverware at the end of this season?

Of course TIT, and T.4 has it's own unique twists and turns this season. The teams finishing 1st and 2nd could be completely excluded from the Champions League, and the teams finishing 3rd and 4th could take their place in the competition. Then there's the surprise element that we don't know about yet. If we get a couple of games into the season and 'the Thai Management' don't like what they're seeing, maybe they'll scrap the league and start again - booting a few teams out in the process. If they're still not happy, they'll probably change the promotion/relegation criterion part way through the season.

Whatever happened to last season's restructuring announcement promising 16 teams in each league, and a lot more football for everybody? Incredibly, this season will be just 18 games of football, which equates to 27 hours of football :shock: What do we do for the other 363 days and 21 hours this year?

There's never a dull moment in Thai football - such a shame the football and officials don't inspire the same comments. The Thai Football League committee make the antics of former F1 boss, Bernie Ecclestone look mild.

So, what about Hua Hin City? Well, actually, we know very little. The shroud of silence that has dominated the previous 2 seasons was nothing compared to this season. We have been given a few snippets, but even they have done nothing but raise doubts i.e.:

- The secretary was promoted to manager.
- This season's team will have an average age of just 21.
- Hua Hin City have folded.
- Hua Hin City have merged with a university side - Ratchapreuk.
- Ratchapreuk have been taken over by Nakhon Si Thammarat.
- There's a friendly match/no there isn't.
- The management promised me (personally) a supporters statement - still waiting.

The only facts we have is Samuel Lampty has moved on. We lost last week to Suphanburi reserves 2-1, whilst playing 5 defenders and 5 midfielders. We proved last season that a team doesn't need strikers!!! We do know the names of this season's squad (that's taken several matches in previous seasons), which is a bonus.

Communication is still not the club's strongest point, and I fear the banner advertising this week's match could be sign for the future i.e. excluding Farangs,
cover.jpg
OK, I've started the season with a moan (nothing new there then) - it can only get better. Let's hope 3 points today turn my frown upside down.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 2 - 4 Look E-San

This was my first look at the new Hua Hin side, and I'll be honest, when we were 3 goals down inside 30 minutes, I was wondering what had happened. I guess this could have been the first time many Hua Hin players had been this far South, and they were a little disorientated. Maybe it was the first time they'd seen the stadium. I must say, it was a little strange to see the home team turn up in a bus.

After being spoiled for a few seasons by having arguably the best ball stopper in Div 2, Wichan had a disastrous match between the Hua Hin sticks. Having said that, when Shota arrived, he seemed incapable of catching the ball. Poor Wichan had a mare, but looking on the bright side, he can only get better.

Hua Hin, after playing with no forwards last week, started with just 1 forward this week. It was only when Arnon came on at 3-0 that Hua Hin looked as if they'd turned up, but it could have been Look E-San sitting back on a comfortable lead.

Hua Hin's first came totally against the run of play - a wonder goal by Ali G from 35 yard just before half time. 2nd half started a lot brighter for the home side, and when Arnon fired home from the corner of the box, there was hope. However, at 3-2, it was time for Look E-San's to get into the action, and players were dropping like flies. That, combined with the referee's whistle, hope faded fast. When Look E-San's nippy No.12 broke away, all hope was finally gone.

A poor performance from Hua Hin with a few glimmers of hope. At the end of the day, it was probably a much more exciting game than any we had to suffer last season.

I don't think I'll make the trip to Kanchanaburi next week. I think I'll wait until the team get it a bit more together.
Muangkan_Cover.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

The pitch reminds me when I was young kid and played on pitch 21 in freezing condition after some days with plus degrees, absolutly terrible.
The refs here never seems to let me down what a bunch of idi.ts,allow their goalkeeper waste time from the start at 2 half,only to rush him 1 time when there was 2 min. left.
Its looks like thai players when their ahead,use more time laying on the ground,I know also happens else were,but here they take the medal,and what about when a medic is aloud to come in and look to a player,dosent the player have to leave the field ? happens twice if I remember correct that the player just stayed on the pitch but TIT .

Good luck to Vana Nava Hua Hin City or what they call them selve this season,Im heading home tomorrow to make some money so can not follw them until late May,if they still play at that time.

Will follow your reports here.

And I agree with your report BB,but it was better than I exspected

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'd like to say the only way is up, but unfortunately, that isn't true yet.

Positions after Gameweek 2:
Table.png
Of course, Suphanburi are not eligible for Champions League, so technically, Look E-San are 2nd.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I originally said that I won't go to Kanchanaburi this weekend, but deep down I really want to go - just don't fancy going alone. Are there any supporters going with a spare seat?

Alternatively, I could drive if somebody wants to share fuel costs. If I drive, because of the late finish, I'd prefer to stay overnight.

Anybody?

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Muangkan 1 - 0 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

What a shambles!!!

3 seasons ago we won the league, but were cheated out of promotion by Phichit FC. Since then, things have gradually worsened.

2 seasons ago the sugar daddies arrived, promised the world, and thought they'd bought us a place in the premiership. In reality, they had no money, talked bullshit, and almost killed the club.

1 season ago the team were earning minimum Thai wage, and even folded at one stage.

This season we have 'merged' with Ratchapreuk. I put the word merged in quotes, because it is a merger in the very loosest of terms. In my mind, merger would mean moving forward with the best players from both teams. We actually have lost all but 3 of Hua Hin's players (and not the best 3), and have a bunch of fresh faced kids playing around them. They were even wearing Ratchapreuk training tops at Kanchanaburi.

In reality, Ratchapreuk have taken our identity (when it suits), taken our sponsorship, use our stadium, use our shirts (when it suits) and play some awful football.

There was one player on the park really trying to make a difference yesterday, Roland. However, football is a team game and there should be 11 footballers in that team. If the 11 men on the field can't hack it, then the manager has the opportunity to change 3 of those men. The manager did not even make the substitutes warm up.

3 games played, 3 games lost. Hua Hin does not expect this standard of football.

I am definitely not going to watch the match at Pathum Thani next weekend.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pathum_Thani_cover.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Gameweek 3 table. Suphanburi and Ratchaburi play today. Relegation battle at Pathum Thani next week.
League_Gameweek_3.png

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pathum Thani 1 - 3 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

:dance: First points of the season :dance:

Seriously, it was all Hua Hin City against extraordinarily poor opposition. The one consolation is that unless Pathum Thani do something remarkable before it's too late, they will finish below us, and face the threatened exclusion from the competition for a year.

:rant: I watched the game on a live Facebook feed until the cameraman's batteries ran out. I couldn't believe it - all this guy had to do was point his phone at the ball for 90 minutes. How do you forget your spare battery, or charging cable when that's your only job? :rant:

Hua Hin were on the front foot from the start, and that rarely changed. Roland gave us the lead early on. Then another (what seemed like a) blunder by Wichan who dove over the ball saw Pathum Thani's first attack even the scores. Wichan did rectify the situation slightly when he made a good save about 10 minutes later.

Ali G converted a penalty to send us in leading at half time.

Another goal (by somebody unknown) saw our lead increase to 3 - 1 early in the second half.

Then the battery died.

So, we go into next week's match with 3 points behind us, and hopefully, feeling a bit more confident.
Ratchaburi_cover.jpg
Ratchaburi_cover.jpg (106.48 KiB) Viewed 497 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

League Table after this weekend's matches:
Gameweek_4_3.png

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City goals from last Saturday:

Ali G:

Ali G:

Ratchapark Duangfa:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Vana Nava Hua Hin City 0 - 1 Ratchaburi Reserves

Definitely the best the team has played this season. However, what good is that? We lost against a very poor Ratchaburi.

The manager's rationale needs to be looked at. Playing the first 60 minutes at home against a mid table team with no strikers.......... incredible.

Eventually, we got a striker on the pitch, but went 1 - 0 down to Ratchaburi's only serious attempt on goal. I didn't see it myself, but terrace talk was it was an indirect free kick. So if Wichan hadn't tried to save it, it wouldn't have stood.

When we were 1 goal down, the manager didn't strengthen his forward line, he brought on a midfielder and a defender.

As I said, today was encouraging, all we need now is a manager with the balls to use his strikers - or aren't they good enough?

Next game, away to Nonthaburi next Sunday, 18:00 K.O.

Points 41; Position 18