Tesabaan has installed two very large and constantly noisy water pumps within 2 metres of our house

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
sam123
Amateur
Amateur

Tesabaan has installed two very large and constantly noisy water pumps within 2 metres of our house

Post by sam123 »

When we were out of the country last year, the local tesabaan began installing a water pump system, in order to pump water to a nearby village. The pumps are installed on the public land (din-luang) adjacent to the highway. There are two water pumps, within about two metres of the outside wall of our house and are constantly operational and extremely noisy, rather like a high-pitched screeching.

Not only is the noise unbearable and affects sleep, the construction of the pumps is shoddy, with makeshift metal covers over them, resting on unfinished haphazard concrete blocks. Essentially it looks like a shanty town construction, normal for Thailand, but obviously very unpleasant when it's on the doorstep. It has effectively rendered the house unsaleable, because when anyone arrives at the house, one is met with this constant screaming noise.

The gardener said that they had a number of technical problems with the installation, which went on for some weeks, resulting in additional pipework being installed, with an unsightly array or wires and pipes. It appears that he did nothing to argue against the pumps' installation, which might make it difficult to get them removed.

Before I engage a professional for advice, is there any known procedure that protects residents from this sort of thing? Thanks.
bert91157

Re: Tesabaan has installed two very large and constantly noisy water pumps within 2 metres of our house

Post by bert91157 »

There is a complaints department on the 4th floor of the tesabaan. Ask to speak with Khun Champ. You will need someone who speaks Thai as he doesn't speak english. His number is 0865697537. He is a nice guy and will help if he can. Maybe take some photo's to show him the problem.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Tesabaan has installed two very large and constantly noisy water pumps within 2 metres of our house

Post by bsdk1960 »

wish you the best of luck but would not put hopes to high,TIT and if it's the Tesabahn your proberbly doomed,as loosing face and admit their own faul ,looks impossible here.

:cheers: :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've had local authorities and companies admit fault many times with apologies and appropriate action. Yes, there is a degree of 'saving face' but it's not as common as some say and is grossly over-exaggerated.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

HHTel wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:00 pm I've had local authorities and companies admit fault many times with apologies and appropriate action. Yes, there is a degree of 'saving face' but it's not as common as some say and is grossly over-exaggerated.
Well thats good for you,and I really hope it will be for the OP.

I had to move one time in DK because off noise,so I understand the frustration from OP

:cheers: :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The gardener said that they had a number of technical problems with the installation
The same half a****ed way that everything else is done. Water supply pumps are of the centrifugal type, driven by an electric motor, neither of which makes much noise. Put the installation inside a small brick building and what little noise there is will be contained.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Nereus totally agree with that. I have stood next to electric water pumps being driven by 80HP
motors and could easily hear someone talk to me.
Putting one into a tin shack inches away from a house is a typical Thai cockup.
Hopefully the OP will get redress from the Tessabaan.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.