Judo club and gym club in HH ?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
yves

Judo club and gym club in HH ?

Post by yves »

Hello locals, i'm looking for a judo club for my kids and for myself an unexpensive fitness/gym club in downtown. Could you advice me any places please with air con ?

Thanks
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Re: Judo club and gym club in HH ?

Post by Wado-Karate »

I'm not aware of a Judo club in Hua Hin. I can offer a karate club though. Please see my advertorial here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21316 . You can also see us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wadokaratehuahin/ .

There is an Aikido club, where I also train, but that is held on Tuesdays between 10:30 and 11:45.

If you require any further detail, please ask.
Karate - The Hardest Part Is Walking Through The Dojo Door

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I am also not aware of any judo club in Hua-Hin. If you think your kid may enjoy karate, then I would definitely recommend getting in touch with sensei John from the Wado Karate Club referenced in the above post. My eldest daughter has been attending for nearly five years now and she still loves going.

The first lesson is free so you could always take your kid along to give it a try.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Takiap wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 am The first lesson is free so you could always take your kid along to give it a try.
Yes, please feel free to bring them along for a free trial on a Monday or Friday evening at 7pm. There will be absolutely no obligation to come again. We understand that karate is not for everybody, and the last thing we would want is to have students here that don't want to learn. We understand that we are teaching children, and often inject an element of fun.

We are a small friendly club, where the optimum number of students in the Dojo is 6, but sometimes we have as many as 8. There is no pre-payment i.e. you only pay when you train.

All teaching is carried out in accordance with the Wado Karate Federation's Children's Syllabus set by our parent club in Bristol, and we often have trainers calling in from the UK - next guest instructor is due early April.

Our Dojo is open air with a roof to protect from the rain.

If you would like to discuss, please feel free to phone me on 0983 055964 (English) 0983 055963 (Thai).

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation
yves

Post by yves »

Ok thanks, we will come for a try :)
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

OK, brilliant. If you need directions (Facebook page map is pretty good), just phone.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Also on the Forum map as Wado Karate http://www.maphuahin.com/
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
yves

Post by yves »

Wado-Karate wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:28 am
Takiap wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 am The first lesson is free so you could always take your kid along to give it a try.
Yes, please feel free to bring them along for a free trial on a Monday or Friday evening at 7pm. There will be absolutely no obligation to come again. We understand that karate is not for everybody, and the last thing we would want is to have students here that don't want to learn. We understand that we are teaching children, and often inject an element of fun.

We are a small friendly club, where the optimum number of students in the Dojo is 6, but sometimes we have as many as 8. There is no pre-payment i.e. you only pay when you train.

All teaching is carried out in accordance with the Wado Karate Federation's Children's Syllabus set by our parent club in Bristol, and we often have trainers calling in from the UK - next guest instructor is due early April.

Our Dojo is open air with a roof to protect from the rain.

If you would like to discuss, please feel free to phone me on 0983 055964 (English) 0983 055963 (Thai).
Is there any competition of Karate organized with some others cities or country too ?
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Yes, we started competing as a club last year. However, there aren't very many competitions in Thailand - we are constantly looking for competitions.

When a student feels competent enough, he/she will be allowed to attend the Wednesday kumite training, which is free providing they attend Monday or Friday each week. They will need special WKF (Wado Karate Federation) Approved protective equipment just in case there are accidents. This equipment is expensive, but can be borrowed from the club until they are ready for competition. This is very hard work, and some students can't physically manage it - they will be asked to sit out to prevent disrupting the class.

We entered 2 competitions last year. The first, The Thai Open Competition was a disaster. The competition, organised by the Thailand Karate Federation (TKF) is held every year at the Thai National Indoor Arena in Bangkok, and is a truly International event. I have fought in the competition myself a couple of times. Unfortunately, because it is Thailand's prestigious event, most athletes are in the area, housed in hotels for a week. TKF are renown for their last minute schedule changes, which has little effect if living very close. We don't think children should be taken out of school for a week because TKF can not organise an event

Last year, our 2 competitors were still in school at 3pm, when we got the message they had to register at the stadium by 8am the following morning. After a mad panic contacting parents/seeking their approval/revising travel plans, we had to travel through the night, which resulted in our competitors being too tired to fight at their best, and less than their best would not be good enough at this level. Pre-paid travel/accomodation was also lost due to the last minute change (exactly the same scenario happened to me the year before). We have decided to give this competition a miss this year.

Our other competition was The 2nd Heroes International Championships held in Bangkok. Everything went to schedule at this event, and our competitors tasted some success, both taking Bronze in their events.
Sensei John with Armando Competitors
Sensei John with Armando Competitors
DSC00160.jpg (149.46 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
Kaylene receives bronze
Kaylene receives bronze
John23.jpg (78.42 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
We currently have a squad of 5 children regularly training for competition, but no competitions identified yet. I have quite a few good contacts now, and they will let me know when competitions are arranged i.e. We know The 3rd Heroes International Championships is planned for later this year, we will consider entry to the Thailand Nationals as well. There will be others. Unfortunately, we did not receive notification of a February Korat competition until it was too late.

yves

Post by yves »

THanks for your explanations, that's very interesting