Hua Hin Hospital - 194M Baht Debt

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Hua Hin Hospital - 194M Baht Debt

Post by Big Boy »

Ouch, I've always praised the services of Hua Hin Hospital - this has been quite a shock to me.
Public Health Minister Dr. Piyasakol Sakonsattayatorn announced that the long-dire situation is now critical but that the government was trying to come up with solutions to help the failing medical care institutions
Full story: Coconuts
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Hospital - 194M Baht Debt

Post by Nereus »

Yes, it is BS. On the same page you will see this:

Junta secures 2 billion baht for more Chinese tanks
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's all about accounting. They have a budget which they have to manage. It could well be that state funds are below par. Just like other countries including the UK, each organisation is responsible for it's own accounting. There are some 900 state run hospitals in Thailand and 18 are in debt. Is this under-funding or bad management or other (which I'll not expand on).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:59 pm Yes, it is BS. On the same page you will see this:

Junta secures 2 billion baht for more Chinese tanks
Yes, that did make me chuckle.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 pm It's all about accounting. They have a budget which they have to manage. It could well be that state funds are below par. Just like other countries including the UK, each organisation is responsible for it's own accounting. There are some 900 state run hospitals in Thailand and 18 are in debt. Is this under-funding or bad management or other (which I'll not expand on).
Or are they developing beyond their means. They've recently finished the blue building, there's a satellite recently opened near the by-pass, there's still massive development going on at the main site, and I'm sure there's more. What sort of accountant allows further spending when you're broke?

If I want to build something at my house I make sure I have the money first :? Or is it just the Thai way these days? Debt, debt and even more debt.

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I think all state hospitals are in debt because the universal health scheme is badly underfunded. High speed trains, subs and tanks are much more important.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

the arming of thai, who are they worried about? Who is likely to invade etc? my guess the Chinese, cant help feeling that buying from the Chinese to protect yourself against the Chinese is a dubious policy. And anyway, for how many minutes would the Thai army halt the invading Chinese??
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Not only is the fund under funded (does that even make sense?) but the funding is focussed in the wrong areas.

The LOS was pleased to announce that they now have enough trained doctors/medically trained professionals for the next 20 years, I believe. I would need to check the reports for a reference. Unfortunately this is not even close to the truth. Thailand has an accute shortage of doctors and medical staff capable or trained to handle the aging population.

Not to make any comparison or mockery of current funding but 36 Billion Baht for submarines and 10 Billion Baht for new tanks might be better spent in other ways more benifical to Thai people.

Oh no, I forgot, Thailand is under threat from friendly countries sharing the border. :o

I have nothing against military spending but I tespectfully suggest it should be foccused on current and future threats and not on aging wet dreams.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Every country generates a budget split across all the sectors of the economy, every sector of the government has the opportunity to calculate it's own budget requirement and seek these funds from the budget. This includes medical care, military expenditure etc. Thailand is no different and no worse than the UK.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... llion-debt
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Hmm, we make have a new reader :shock:

B5bn injection to help loss-ridden state hospitals

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -hospitals

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha allocated 5 billion baht from the government's central fund as an immediate solution to support about 80 loss-ridden hospitals under the Public Health Ministry.

Health Minister Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn said on Friday the prime minister allocated the money because he was worried about the liquidity problem at public hospitals.

The minister attributed the financial problem to insufficient regular budget funding to support public treatment under the universal health care scheme and to the national trend towards an ageing society.

The 5-billion-baht was only an immediate solution. In the long run the overall health and health insurance systems would have to be overhauled and hospitals would need feasible operations, Dr Piyasakol said.

He had yet to discuss long-term solutions with relevant authorities. But at this stage, hospitals needed efficient operations and more money.

The health minister said about 80 public hospitals were suffering from long-standing losses and five of them were critically financially weak. They included community-based hospitals, he said.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!