Eating cheese does not raise risk of heart attack or stroke, study finds

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I guess if you live long enough you'll find out that everything you were told about diet throughout your life was crap. :banghead: Pete :cheers:

"Consuming cheese, milk and yoghurt – even full-fat versions – does not increase the risk of a heart attack or stroke, according to research that challenges the widely held belief that dairy products can damage health.".....

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... roke-study
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Eating cheese does not raise risk of heart attack or stroke, study finds

Post by bsdk1960 »

great news,but im finish with all this nonsens and eat what I like ,and then I see what happens
:cheers: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

bsdk1960 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:14 pm great news, but I'm finished with all this nonsense and eat what I like, and then I see what happens.
I'm with you. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

the first question to ask about all "scientific" studies is, who paid for them? cows of the world unite, we have nothing to lose but our milk. brought to you by the united milk board. cows are us.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

prcscct wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:26 pm
bsdk1960 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:14 pm great news, but I'm finished with all this nonsense and eat what I like, and then I see what happens.
I'm with you. :thumb: Pete :cheers:
So am I. :thumb: :D

I've always, and will always eat whatever I want to eat, although there are of course many things which I can't eat as often as I would like, simply because my wallet isn't big enough. Admittedly, I am not a big eater and never have been, so perhaps that has helped to some extent, I don't know. What I do know is that despite eating everything I'm supposedly not meant to eat, I have perfect blood sugar levels, etc, etc, etc.
We all die in the end, and I'd rather die after having enjoyed tasty food all my life rather than die while nibbling on a damn carrot. :laugh:

Besides, the cigarettes and the copious amount of filthy exhaust emissions in this country will kill me long before any type of food can.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

The research was part-funded by the three pro-dairy groups – Global Dairy Platform, Dairy Research Institute and Dairy Australia – but they had no influence over it, the paper said. Givens is an adviser to the Food Standards Agency.

Gone are the days when you can actually trust scientists and researchers, many of whom are in the pockets of "big business"
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

the price of it in some shops can give you a heart attack
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Whilst I am a "Grease Monkey" (and obvious fireworks expert.... :oops: :wink: ), I'm also qualified as a Process Engineer... I spent my early years testing on filtration equipment, different sites and samples you wouldn't believe. For example, working at an abattoir and seeing exactly what whent into various foodstuffs such as sausage, faggots etc. was eye opening....... healthy or not?

All waste and Offal - if you saw it you would not touch it.... All waste. On the other hand, cheese and FULL FAT MILK I adore.........

I guess what I'm trying to say is eat what you like, drink what you like - living "healthy" does'nt make you live longer, it just feels like it!!

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

2 vegetarian friends ended up with breast cancer, another pancreatic cancer and another diabetes, so I question what part food plays in disease. I suspect a lack of food plays a larger part.

Sateeb, you made my point in an above post. if the group paying for the study benefits from the study then that group wants a particular outcome, which brings into question the validity of the study. in other words BS.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

pharvey wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:42 pm I guess what I'm trying to say is eat what you like, drink what you like - living "healthy" does'nt make you live longer, it just feels like it!!

I totally agree. Also, while the study mentioned in this thread was funded by pro-dairy institutes, there have been several other studies which have also shown that the whole "low-fat diet" thing is not backed up by any real evidence.

Each to their own I guess, but I personally would not even consider buying skimmed milk or 2% milk. I love milk but these "low-fat" varieties don't even taste like milk. Even so-called full fat milk these days tastes like it has been watered down. I routinely buy milk from a small dairy farm at a nearby Muslim village and it tastes superb; rich and full of cream, just as nature intended.

In my opinion, if anything, people should be far more concerned about eating processed foods than they are about eating full-fat foods. After all, our bodies are designed for eating food, but they are not designed for consuming a million and one chemicals.

I personally don't really eat many processed foods, not because of health concerns, but simply because I don't really like most processed foods, and those that I do like tend to be way too expensive for me to be eating on a regular basis. Also, since I I cook for my children, I try to make nutritious meals as often as possible, and yes, their diet includes full-fat dairy.

Eat what you want and be happy. :thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Absolutely to the above comments. If you are not careful, the Lifestyle & Health Nazis will have you eating nothing other than rabbit food and water in an attempt to ruin your enjoyment of everything in a pious fashion.

If they had their way, everyone would be a monk on a mountain top eating nothing other than raw vegetables and spring water.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

vegetables and spring water sounds better than mcdonalds and kfc. yes, yes, I know there are more choices than that.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Haha...true and indeed has some resonance.

But it's about not wagging their fingers at folks and not forcing stuff down peoples' throats (and it's not just food on that one)...let people do what they like...and heaven forbid, eat what they like. :)

o7
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

handdrummer wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 8:40 pm vegetables and spring water sounds better than mcdonalds and kfc. yes, yes, I know there are more choices than that.
Maybe better than McDonalds because they still have not learned how to make a decent burger, but I would much rather have KFC and a large beer instead of vegetables and spring water. :thumb:

:cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Takiap wrote:I routinely buy milk from a small dairy farm at a nearby Muslim village and it tastes superb; rich and full of cream, just as nature intended
Just as a point of interest, the next time that you are there can you ask him if he knows what the "somatic cell count (SCC)" of the milk is?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!