Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by Pagey »

The old Korat Kitchen venue on Soi Charon Pattana 2 re opens as JJ's on 14th November according to a banner they were hanging up as I went past tonight.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Shame - a couple of days too late to be on this year's map.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Yellow House closing for 2 months

Post by Homer »

Last day is tomorrow. Reopening 20 June, according to their signboard.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Yellow House closing for 2 months

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Never heard of it!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Top of Soi 94 - nice food. It usually closes at this time of year.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I just saw a sign outside Yellow House stating "close 1-4-2017". Does this mean closed only on the 1st. April, or from 1st. April and onwards???
YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

huahin4ever wrote:I just saw a sign outside Yellow House stating "close 1-4-2017". Does this mean closed only on the 1st. April, or from 1st. April and onwards???
Well the post a bit above yours says there's a sign saying closed from 1st April (tomorrow) and reopens 20th June, so I think there's your answer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tazj66
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tazj66 »

Heads up on what is likely to be an interesting addition to the local Dining/Farang Food Shopping scene. About Ikm South of Vana Nava Water Park along Petchkasem on the left side is Soi 91. About 50m along on the left again is what used to be Pom Pom Pizza/Steak place. Quite a large building that Pom Pom never managed to fill and it moved to a smaller premises over the road. This week noticed the building is undergoing a full refurb. and stopped in to find out what is opening. Turns out it will be a full bakery (retail and wholesale), butchery and restaurant. The bakery will make lots of farang friendly goodies-bread, rolls, muffins, pastries, pies, crumpets etc. The restaurant is to be under the hand of Gary formerly of Orchid, Mucky Duck so should be very good indeed from experience there. Forgot to ask what the name will be but should be well worth a visit. Bakery opening first and other elements to follow shortly after. Looking forward to it.
tazj66
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tazj66 »

Further to the previous post the name of the new business will be "Millers Bakery and Bistro".
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

New restaurant on Soi 88 definitely worth checking out. It's called Prospect 88 and is directly opposite the Precious Condo on the corner of Soi 10.

The prices are cheap as chips and some of the stuff on the menu is homemade recipes. I don't think any dish is over 100 Baht from what I remember from the menu and most around 60-80 Baht.

I went for the first time last night and had stuffed chicken roll which came with fried potatoes, some salad garnish and an awesome homemade sour cream and garlic dip. All for 70 Baht. Not the biggest portion but big enough for an average eater. And a big Leo at 75 Baht.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and I will be back soon to try some of their other dishes. They have a Thai menu also and the boss said he is looking to expand the menu. Not open for lunch unfortunately but open for breakfast.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Pagey wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 am New restaurant on Soi 88 definitely worth checking out. It's called Prospect 88 and is directly opposite the Precious Condo on the corner of Soi 10.

The prices are cheap as chips and some of the stuff on the menu is homemade recipes. I don't think any dish is over 100 Baht from what I remember from the menu and most around 60-80 Baht.

I went for the first time last night and had stuffed chicken roll which came with fried potatoes, some salad garnish and an awesome homemade sour cream and garlic dip. All for 70 Baht. Not the biggest portion but big enough for an average eater. And a big Leo at 75 Baht.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and I will be back soon to try some of their other dishes. They have a Thai menu also and the boss said he is looking to expand the menu. Not open for lunch unfortunately but open for breakfast.
I have just read that they have changed their opening hours, 10 am to 2 pm so lunch will be possible which suits me. And 6pm -10pm.

Man in pub circa 1987.
holidaymaker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by holidaymaker »

There' a new place on soi 112 called simbos that do a good English breakfast
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

holidaymaker wrote:There' a new place on soi 112 called simbos that do a good English breakfast
Where on 112?
holidaymaker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by holidaymaker »

As you go up soi 112 go past mr mons 80 mtrs on opposite side of road where old aussie bar was
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »