Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 30113
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by Big Boy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 pm

huahin4ever wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 pm
There are at least one that sells e-cigs devices and liquids at the Grand Night Market. My wife bought hers there.
Correct :D

Yes, we were down that way this evening, and he was able to buy some different flavours.

Thank you very much, he's a happy bunny now.
League 1 - Blackburn...1 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance:
Points 7; Position 24

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 30113
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by Big Boy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 pm

prcscct wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:32 pm
Have you tried that in mouth liquid device that your wife uses? It could be a possibility if nothing else can help. Pete :cheers:
Not available in Thailand. Thankfully, she weaned herself off that before we moved to Thailand.
League 1 - Blackburn...1 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance:
Points 7; Position 24

Ralfredo
Professional
Professional
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by Ralfredo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Aftonbladet (http://www.aftonbladet.se/) is a major tabloid in Sweden. Maybe they read this forum because today they warn people that bringing electronic cigarettes to Thailand can result in ten years in prison.

Article in Swedish: http://www.aftonbladet.se/resa/a/42j7V/ ... s-fangelse
Google translated: https://translate.google.se/translate?s ... edit-text=

User avatar
StevePIraq
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2194
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: Ting Tong Land

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by StevePIraq » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm

"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by europtimiste » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm

StevePIraq wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm
Bring them at your peril.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/ ... -jail-term
I don't know how it's build, but I guess can be separated in 2 parts. Very easy to hide in your luggage, NOT in handbag.

User avatar
StevePIraq
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2194
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: Ting Tong Land

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by StevePIraq » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Enjoy your 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

HHTel
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by HHTel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 pm

europtimiste wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm
StevePIraq wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm
Bring them at your peril.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/ ... -jail-term
I don't know how it's build, but I guess can be separated in 2 parts. Very easy to hide in your luggage, NOT in handbag.
PLEASE don't take this guy's advice.

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by Takiap » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:11 pm

europtimiste wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm
StevePIraq wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:18 pm
Bring them at your peril.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/ ... -jail-term
I don't know how it's build, but I guess can be separated in 2 parts. Very easy to hide in your luggage, NOT in handbag.
Why risk being arrested at the airport when you simply buy one once you get out of the airport and you go to any of many popular parts of Bangkok or beyond?

You could pass through immigration with an e-cig 1,000 times and never get stopped, but it only takes on bit of bad luck, and you could be eating slop out of a bucket for the next several years.

Oh, and if I did want to bring one in with me, I would not attempt to conceal it because in doing so, you are openly admitting the fact that you knew you were not allowed to bring it into the country with you.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

User avatar
StevePIraq
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2194
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: Ting Tong Land

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by StevePIraq » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:14 pm

But then again why risk doing or using something like an e cigarette when there is such a harsh penalty. Just abide by the law and enjoy things as best you can.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by Takiap » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:55 am

Yes I agree 100%, but I also get the impression that this is not a law which is being enforced other than by customs officials at airports. I have seen countless Thais puffing away openly in public, including one guy who was sitting and drinking a beer at a shop owned by a policeman who happened to be there at the time, along with a few of his police friends.

But like you say, if they are illegal and you use them, then you are essentially making yourself a soft target in a situation where the consequences can be pretty damn severe.


:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 30113
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by Big Boy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am

I'm just back after seeing my brother off at the airport. First question asked after the usual formalities was, "Are you carrying illegal goods such as electronic cigarettes?"
League 1 - Blackburn...1 Plymouth Argyle....1 :dance: :dance:
Points 7; Position 24

stoneybridge
Novice
Novice
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:00 am

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by stoneybridge » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 am

Just to add, I've traveled 3 times this year to Bangkok from the uk, each time had an ecig in my hand luggage and tons of liquid in carry on, not had any trouble and openly vaped in the airport and about the islands..........though didn't know the laws and certainly wont be bringing anything next week when i come again lol.

HHTel
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by HHTel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:24 am

And for every success story there's one who got relieved of a wad of cash, or worse. Not worth the hassle.

User avatar
StevePIraq
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2194
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: Ting Tong Land

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by StevePIraq » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:59 pm

stoneybridge wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:06 am
Just to add, I've traveled 3 times this year to Bangkok from the uk, each time had an ecig in my hand luggage and tons of liquid in carry on, not had any trouble and openly vaped in the airport and about the islands..........though didn't know the laws and certainly wont be bringing anything next week when i come again lol.
Look forward to your next post from the Bangkok Hilton
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Bringing Electronic cigarette to Thailand

Post by europtimiste » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Big Boy wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am
I'm just back after seeing my brother off at the airport. First question asked after the usual formalities was, "Are you carrying illegal goods such as electronic cigarettes?"
And what was the answer ?
And did the custom officer check the luggage ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest