Recommend me a seafood restaurant for Saturday lunch

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Recommend me a seafood restaurant for Saturday lunch

Post by caller »

Hello, some people I know are visiting Hua Hin this coming Saturday and want to enjoy a seafood lunch. Not sure quite how lunch is defined - not evening I guess?

I know of one place in Takiab (past Cicada on RHS), but I'm not a great seafood eater, so am seeking some recommendations of where to go. I also know a place in Soi5, which I personally enjoy (I eat shrimp and squid there). If push comes to shove, that's where we'll go.

So as you can tell, it doesn't have to be town centre and it doesn't have to be by the beach, although that might be an added attraction.

Thanks for any help.
Talk is cheap
Juice81

Re: Recommend me a seafood restaurant for Saturday lunch

Post by Juice81 »

caller wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:09 pm Hello, some people I know are visiting Hua Hin this coming Saturday and want to enjoy a seafood lunch. Not sure quite how lunch is defined - not evening I guess?

I know of one place in Takiab (past Cicada on RHS), but I'm not a great seafood eater, so am seeking some recommendations of where to go. I also know a place in Soi5, which I personally enjoy (I eat shrimp and squid there). If push comes to shove, that's where we'll go.

So as you can tell, it doesn't have to be town centre and it doesn't have to be by the beach, although that might be an added attraction.

Thanks for any help.
There is a really good seafood restaurant at the piers called Chomkluen. It's the least attractive looking place of the pier restaurants but the food is way better and also the prices. I know because I've eaten almost in everyone of them. Also the staff is really friendly!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Juice81 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:17 pm There is a really good seafood restaurant at the piers called Chomkluen.
Forgot about the piers - how could I! :oops:

Yes, I know that one. Always found them much of a muchness myself - but them I'm not a massive seafood fan - but it's always a nice setting on the piers. Thanks for that! :thumb:

I think that's looking a good bet.
Talk is cheap
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

The Sailom Hotel (near Soi 81?) has an ocean-side restaurant that serves some of the best seafood dishes we had in Hua Hin at pretty reasonable prices. It was our go to place for a nice ocean view seafood lunch in town.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I agree Sailom is excellent and easy to park there.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

I agree about Sailom,nice view and good food .

:cheers: :cheers:
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

caller wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:52 pm
Juice81 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:17 pm There is a really good seafood restaurant at the piers called Chomkluen.
Forgot about the piers - how could I! :oops:

Yes, I know that one. Always found them much of a muchness myself - but them I'm not a massive seafood fan - but it's always a nice setting on the piers. Thanks for that! :thumb:

I think that's looking a good bet.
Great! :cheers:

I hope I get to visit before the pier restaurants disappear. I heard that they're going to dismantle all the piers soon. We are coming at the end of february so I have keep my fingers crossed.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Sailom is doing well. It's not far from me, I might go and have a look later. Thanks,
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I walk past evenings throughout the year when walking the dogs. Always very busy - looks lovely from the beach.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I'll add a vote for Sailom, as mentioned nice view, good food, and easy parking
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

If you choose Sailom ,and want the best view ,book in advance,as they allways ,seems booked when we visit them.

hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

bsdk1960 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:24 am If you choose Sailom ,and want the best view ,book in advance,as they allways ,seems booked when we visit them.

Did you go for lunch or dinner? We never went there for dinner but we went a lot for lunch and never found it very full. The op asked specifically about lunch.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

hhfarang wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:19 pm
bsdk1960 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:24 am If you choose Sailom ,and want the best view ,book in advance,as they allways ,seems booked when we visit them.

Did you go for lunch or dinner? We never went there for dinner but we went a lot for lunch and never found it very full. The op asked specifically about lunch.
your right about the lunch,we always go to dinner,sorry if I have made confusion about that.

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hello, sorry for not reporting back. I couldn't make it personally and for whatever reason, my friends couldn't find Sailom! Not sure why, maybe the bad weather? I'd already highlighted the one on the right past Cicada or Ma Greens in Takiab as back up and they ended up at the latter, albeit under cover, and loved it!

However, thanks for the heads up about Sailom, when my other half is back in Hua Hin we'll check it out. :thumb:
Talk is cheap
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

caller wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 am Hello, sorry for not reporting back. I couldn't make it personally and for whatever reason, my friends couldn't find Sailom! Not sure why, maybe the bad weather? I'd already highlighted the one on the right past Cicada or Ma Greens in Takiab as back up and they ended up at the latter, albeit under cover, and loved it!

However, thanks for the heads up about Sailom, when my other half is back in Hua Hin we'll check it out. :thumb:
I was at Ma Greens for lunch earlier this year and thought it was excellent, I went in with a friend from a walk on the beach. I tried to find it from the road a few weeks later and struggled to get to it but I suppose it must be down one of those narrow lanes off the main road in Khao Takiap.