Naebkahart Road Restaurant???

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Naebkahart Road Restaurant???

Post by caller »

I am told by my other half that it has a Chinese name, not Thai and Wenshidi is there or thereabouts as my other half came up with 'Jek Bier' but that second word is long with a rising tonal accent.
Talk is cheap
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

OP
wenshidi wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:33 pmCan anybody tell me about the restaurant on the corner of Naebkahart Road and Night Market street.

Ralfredo wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 pmDo you mean this one?
https://goo.gl/maps/o1ywN8cBFrE2
On the night market road, but not on Naebkahart Rd

404cameljockey wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:37 pmI assume this one:
https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5717355 ... 2i39?hl=sv
On the corner of the night market road and Naebkahart Rd. But then the OP said #1 is correct.

Undeterred, then came #3
HuaHin61 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:43 pmSome time ago the restaurant was called "KOTI Restaurant"
It's on the night market road, but the last photo clearly shows it's at the corner of Phetkasem. The OP caught that one.

When directions and locations are given on this forum, does it remind anyone besides me of virgins in the pre-Internet era discussing sex? Or the accuracy with a blaster shown by Imperial Storm Troopers?
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Homer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pmWhen directions and locations are given on this forum, does it remind anyone besides me of virgins in the pre-Internet era discussing sex? Or the accuracy with a blaster shown by Imperial Storm Troopers?
:lach: Must say I was a bit bemused by the variety of responses, but it was also interesting that all 3 restaurants seemed to get a good review, so that gives some options to explore :thumb:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Homer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm ....
I correctly identified the restaurant on the corner of Naebkehart Road and Night Market street, which is always packed to the gills. This was what the OP asked for. My work, here is done. Have a bee in your bonnet this evening Homer? :P
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 pm
I correctly identified the restaurant on the corner of Naebkehart Road and Night Market street, which is always packed to the gills. This was what the OP asked for. My work, here is done. Have a bee in your bonnet this evening Homer? :P
What's your problem? I agreed that you correctly identified the restaurant.
Homer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pmOn the corner of the night market road and Naebkahart Rd. But then the OP said #1 is correct.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Homer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 pm
What's your problem? I agreed that you correctly identified the restaurant.
Homer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pmOn the corner of the night market road and Naebkahart Rd. But then the OP said #1 is correct.
I don't have a problem, you just seemed grouchy. Virgins and stormtroopers, you could probably sell tickets for a tour of your mind. Have a good weekend. :D
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:18 amI don't have a problem, you just seemed grouchy. Virgins and stormtroopers, you could probably sell tickets for a tour of your mind. Have a good weekend. :D
Grouchy? I prefer to think of it as humor in the vein of George Carlin's 3rd career phase. He was like a harmless uncle who talked about his frustration with the idiots on the planet. Whereas Carlin used straight up aphorisms, I dress mine in analogies.

Speaking of analogies, wouldn't y'all love to see Disney make a film about virgin stormtroopers? Many physical comedy possibilities of trying to quickly remove the suit. Even better would be a 'Open the pod bay doors, Hal' parody about one of the suit's convenient access ports.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Homer wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 am
404cameljockey wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:18 amI don't have a problem, you just seemed grouchy. Virgins and stormtroopers, you could probably sell tickets for a tour of your mind. Have a good weekend. :D
Grouchy? I prefer to think of it as humor in the vein of George Carlin's 3rd career phase. He was like a harmless uncle who talked about his frustration with the idiots on the planet. Whereas Carlin used straight up aphorisms, I dress mine in analogies.

Speaking of analogies, wouldn't y'all love to see Disney make a film about virgin stormtroopers? Many physical comedy possibilities of trying to quickly remove the suit. Even better would be a 'Open the pod bay doors, Hal' parody about one of the suit's convenient access ports.
Steve Carrell starring in 'Death Star Virgin'? I could go for that.

Funny you should mention Hal, I just came across this tonight that tickled me:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Storm troopers? What, I thought they were sent out only when were we off topic.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Must be their day off.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

The Thai says rancafe, rather than the usual word for restaurant, which is interesting.
I had to double check the Chinese characters as I only studied simplified and these are rather more stylised than I am used to.
They read Zheng Sheng, which might be translated as Magnificent!
No wonder all the Chinese tourists love the place so much....
Attachments
IMG_20180113_105516.jpg
IMG_20180113_105516.jpg (74.31 KiB) Viewed 936 times
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

caller wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 pm I am told by my other half that it has a Chinese name, not Thai and Wenshidi is there or thereabouts as my other half came up with 'Jek Bier' but that second word is long with a rising tonal accent.
That seems about right. The name is given on Google Maps with Chinese and English characters as:

正盛 Chek Pia
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Naebkahart Road Restaurant???

Post by hhinner »

wenshidi wrote:The Thai says rancafe, rather than the usual word for restaurant, which is interesting.
I had to double check the Chinese characters as I only studied simplified and these are rather more stylised than I am used to.
They read Zheng Sheng, which might be translated as Magnificent!
No wonder all the Chinese tourists love the place so much....
Raankaafae - ร้านกาแฟ - means coffee shop. Maybe that's how it started out.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

I am guessing that Chek Pia might be the Hokkien pronunciation....
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 pm
caller wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 pm I am told by my other half that it has a Chinese name, not Thai and Wenshidi is there or thereabouts as my other half came up with 'Jek Bier' but that second word is long with a rising tonal accent.
That seems about right. The name is given on Google Maps with Chinese and English characters as:

正盛 Chek Pia
Google translates 正盛食堂 as 'Zhèng shèng shítáng' or 'magnificent dining hall'. So I guess it's Mandarin, if slightly overstated :D.