Huge trash piles wash up on Koh Talu beaches

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
buksida

Post by buksida »

A huge amount of garbage has been found floating off three beaches on Koh Talu in Bang Saphan Noi district, prompting concern that it will affect coral reefs and egg-laying sites of endangered sea turtles.

More than three tonnes of trash were collected from Ao Yai, Ao Thian and Ao Muk beaches on the island in the southern tourist province from Wednesday to Friday, said Phaopipat Charoenpak, marketing manager of Koh Talu Island Resort and secretary-general of the Siam Marine Rehabilitation Foundation.

The trail of garbage, including plastic and glass bottles, foam boxes and lightbulbs, was about one kilometre long on Ao Yai and Ao Thian beaches and about 400 metres long on Ao Muk, he said. Traces of engine oil were also found.

Mr Phaopipat said resort staff and foundation volunteers had been collecting the trash every morning since Wednesday from the beaches, which are popular snorkelling sites because of their bountiful coral reefs.

Source: https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... lu-beaches
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Huge trash piles wash up on Koh Talu beaches

Post by migrant »

Of course the owners at Koh Talu never cared about the huge amount of trash on the island that isn't directly in front of their resort!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.