Kippers for breakfast

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Kippers for breakfast

Post by HarryVardon »

I have had an English breakfast at many places in Hua Hin. In general it was very good. However I have never seen kippers on the menu. To be fair kippers also seem to have vanished in England. They were once a standard part of every hotel breakfast but I've not seen them now for many, many years in England.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Kippers for breakfast

Post by oakdale160 »

I have had them in Scotland and also another smoked fish delicacy--Arbroath Smokies.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'd love to know if kippers are available anywhere as well. Apart from Young's pre-packed, butter loaded packs from VM.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The below you should find in VM, Foodland and/or TOPS. When the wife wakes up I'll ask her exactly where she gets them. It's the only brand and variety of kipper I've ever found here. Pete :cheers:

phpgqupqFPM.jpg
phpgqupqFPM.jpg (115.52 KiB) Viewed 547 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Villa only. Cost mid-100's

She's seen them before in Foodland, but long ago and never recently. May be worth taking a look in Foodland when in Bangkok, Caller, and Villa Bangkok as well if you don't see them at the HH branch. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

The Villa Market next to San Paulo does stock them,however i have noticed they do not remain on the shelf for very long before they run out.Also not seen them in any other shop,although not looked in Gourmet Market in Blueport.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

They are available in the freezer section at Villa Market here, as I mentioned above. More so at Index than near the hospital (also in Bkk). But I bought the last pack yesterday unless they have more in stock! :D

I haven't checked if TOPS sell the Waitrose own label version, but they do in Bkk

I also hate the fact they have too much butter and I drain as much of that away as I can before eating.

This is the 'last pack' I bought!

Talk is cheap