Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Post by Nereus »

Groodman wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:42 pm Does the money for Retirement Extension have to be seasoned when I go to apply for an extension or by the date the old extension runs out.
Example;
I go to Immigration to renew on 14 November, my Extension runs out on 28 November, money is not seasoned for 3 months until 28 November
Happened to me several years ago where it was 3 days short and they would not extend it. But at that time there was one officer renowned for "helping" you in exchange for a donation. She did not get it, I simply went back 3 days later.

So to answer your question; I doubt very much that they will do it until the 90 days are up. And you will need your Bank letter and book up date to reflect that.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

hhinner wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:33 pm
StevePIraq wrote:And how do you register, I have requested this from the UK embassy and they said they no longer do it, I raised this in a previous thread,

Regardless of registering they have put the notice on the web site
https://www.gov.uk/topic/help-british-n ... ail-signup
Thanks for the link, I do get the alerts but that doesn't actually register you as being in Thailand, you can select any country or region for email alerts. I always used that when working overseas.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robert williams »

I went to Huahin immigration one hour ago. The official spoke excellent English. He told me and an American friend that he would accept embassy proof of income letters for next year -both our non marriage visas renewable in March. I did not ask about six months validity.
He stated that only B 800,000 would in future be acceptable. I asked specifically about the B 65, 000 a month route. He said that is finished.
Obviously this was one officers statement and I can not guarantee the validity of what he said.
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robert williams »

Reading my last post I can see that I should have been more precise. Letters issued by embassies before the cut off point will be accepted as valid . I have applied to the embassy for a letter.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just seen that the Danish Embassy have followed suit regarding cessation of letters with immediate effect. I have read the article, but can't find any official notification, so there is a possibility of it being FAKE news, but I doubt it.

[Edit ]Here is the official notification http://thailand.um.dk/en/News/newsdispl ... 0E671E1D3F
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thoughts................ The Danes will be the pathfinders for the rest of us. They have been given no notice, and anybody due to renew by this method has absolutely no notice to find an alternative.

Whilst I feel sorry for the Danes, I will be following with interest. Hopefully, this will stir the Thais into making an announcement sooner, rather than later.

Points 48; Position 20
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

No information about this on the Norwegian Embassy Homepage.
They say that they will verify your monthly income to obtain a one year visa.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

My plan is a simple one. I'm going to wait for direction from immigration, then do what I'm told.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That is all any of us can do. Fortunately, the move by the Danish yesterday will hopefully speed up Immigration's response.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Norseman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:22 pm No information about this on the Norwegian Embassy Homepage.
They say that they will verify your monthly income to obtain a one year visa.
That sounds like they can verify, whereas other Embassies are saying they can't. If so, surely that's good news.
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

That sounds like they can verify, whereas other Embassies are saying they can't. If so, surely that's good news.

Good news, maybe, if you're a Dane, but does that mean that immigration will accept the verification?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Good news, maybe, if you're a Dane,
I think you mean 'Good news if you're Norwegian!
TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TunnelRats »

The German Embassy has stated on demand that income statements will continue to be issued on the basis of evidence provided (such as pensions and proof of income).

The representations of Germany will not join the diplomatic missions of GB, USA and AUS, which from 2019 will no longer issue these certificates.

The German Embassy has no information that the immigration from 2019 will no longer recognize German certificates.

However, it may be that the immigration wants to see the actual proof of income. Therefore, the visa extension is advised to take along the certificates of the embassy and the honorary consuls, as well as the corresponding originals of the supporting documents, in order to present them upon request.

Source:
http://thai-ticker.com/2018/11/deutsche ... migration/
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I know there's been nothing official from TI but the last time I was there, when asked if it's just certain embassies, I was told that ALL embassy letters are cancelled. We'll see!

The info from the German Embassy is through a third party who enquired of the embassy. Is there anything official from the German Embassy as we know, you can get different info depending who you talk to.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:40 am
Good news, maybe, if you're a Dane,
I think you mean 'Good news if you're Norwegian!
Thanks, I did mean Norwegian.