Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Re: Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Post by T.O.M. »

"I agree with Buksi et al that previous posts (not exclusively yours, by any means, Homer and T.O.M. also, from memory) come across as triumphal, arrogant, condescending and without any compassion or consideration for others." Quote

I have plenty of compassion and consideration for others...But after a while you get fed up with being called a fool for abiding by the rules....By Americans bragging about their fake (in some cases) affidavit's and by others using agents in collusion corrupt imm officers....only 20-25k will secure you another year.

And even now with the new situation, many posters refuse to cut the umbilical cord with their home countries. For crying out loud....you are here to enjoy your retirement and live the rest of your days here....Then move to Thailand for better or worse....Your currency should be baht and nothing else....If you have rental properties back home, sell them and buy rental properties here. The return will be same, and you don't have to worry about currency fluctuations..
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

YO....Easy on the Yank bashing ...... as stated earlier, we don't have a monopoly on scammers.
I took the liberty...... :cheers:

Yea........what he said, it's not our fault..... :D
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

About the not cutting the cord and committing fully to Thai. Correct me if I a wrong but we dont have much input on this forum from the huge Scandinavian community who live in HH. From my knowledge of them, many of them are "snowbirds" have no intention of settling here permanently and expect to eventually return to their home country full-time. Whats wrong with that??
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

There's nothing wrong with it, but they don't need retirement extensions or income letters.
This is the way
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:40 pm There's nothing wrong with it, but they don't need retirement extensions or income letters.
----- most of them have no money worries either!

As for 'committing to Thailand' one is only certain of being able to stay for a year at a time.

I knew of one ex-pat (American) who had a lifetime visa which is as rare as the proverbial.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

As far as I'm aware of, it's only the Brits, Americans and Danes that can't use monthly income letters for their next one year visa.
The Norwegian embassy has recently updated their homepage and says that they will continue issuing income letters.
BUT!!
All of our questions and speculation must be answered by the Thai Immigration and hopefully within this month.
We can really only wait and see what will happen but so far I can only wish that none of you will need to leave this warm country because of some strange consular issues.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pmI agree with Buksi et al that previous posts (not exclusively yours, by any means, Homer and T.O.M. also, from memory) come across as triumphal, arrogant, condescending and without any compassion or consideration for others.
Many of the previous posters come across as feeling victimized and not taking responsibility for their financial life choices. They can't accurately see those who did take responsibility.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

I would love to know what the resident population of expats in Thailand is, by country. I have no idea of how many expats are really living here, where they live and where they came from. The last statistics I see are from 2010 and no doubt quite out of date.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I know of 2 Germans up north planning to go the broker with the instant 800k letter from the bank route in Jan. I'll post the results when I get them.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry RCer, easily done, but you've confused me - could you expand please?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

RCer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:38 pm I know of 2 Germans up north planning to go the broker with the instant 800k letter from the bank route in Jan. I'll post the results when I get them.
We know that is OK it is the question about either the ease of submitting a married visa with 400K bank letter or,which all want to know,whether they will or will not accept the monthly income evidence?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sorry, what do we know is OK please? Are the Germans affected by the cessation of income letters?

Points 48; Position 20
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 pm Sorry RCer, easily done, but you've confused me - could you expand please?
Very simple...they pay an illegal agent, who in collusion with a corrupt imm officer make needed seasoning for the 400/800k go away.....Price tag: 20-25k....
The required money is turned around in the bank the same day....Do I need to say, that the money don't belong to the applicant...?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oh, OK, I thought it was a legal attempt to get around the Embassy letter fiasco. If somebody is going to benefit 20 to 25K, I'd expect it to work. Most problems in Thailand are created with financial gain as the intended end game.

Thanks anyway.

Points 48; Position 20
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

T.O.M. wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:03 pm
Big Boy wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 pm Sorry RCer, easily done, but you've confused me - could you expand please?
Very simple...they pay an illegal agent, who in collusion with a corrupt imm officer make needed seasoning for the 400/800k go away.....Price tag: 20-25k....
The required money is turned around in the bank the same day....Do I need to say, that the money don't belong to the applicant...?
Nice explanation. I would have given more detail in my post had I realized there were people living in Thailand and not aware of this process.