Father's day?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Father's day?

Post by Lost »

Did I miss posts? I most certainly did so I apologise. The day Thai people hold closest to their heart doesnt seem to have been mentioned this year on this forum.

The day not only honouring our fathers but also the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

This forum turned black during the mourning period so I understand that theres a thread celebrating his life with photos of this years festivities somewhere. Just cant seem to find it.

Thanks mods in advance. Search function wasnt working for me.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Father's day?

Post by Lost »

Please tell me we have a thread that I've missed on this Thai forum !!???
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

It didn't seem as celebrated this year vs prior. My wife barely acknowledged it and I got served wine at dinner.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

It was celebrated passionately and respectfully in the groups I gathered with. All schools held their usual father's day celebrations too.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

I got a 'Happy Father's Day' from my daughter......that the extent of it in our family, thankfully.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Bizarre. Truly bizarre.

Out of sight out of mind just seems an appalling mode of character. The Thai folk I know shed a tear, celebrated their time with family and all shared a moment of respect for the late King.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I got a 'Happy Father's Day' from my daughter......that the extent of it in our family, thankfully.
That's the spirit. Live in someone else's country as a guest yet completely dismiss a day the hosts hold very dear in their hearts.

Educate yourself. Read about the late King of Thailand. He was an exceptional man.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Perhaps the new King with his enormous charm has won all their hearts.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Lower class citizens can forget about major incidents/relationships easily as they're just chasing the next buck. The true Thai people held a very passionate Fathers' Day this year. As they do every year. Much respect.

Our little cretins in the the uk should learn to have a bit more respect for mothers and fathers.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Lost wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:55 am
That's the spirit. Live in someone else's country as a guest yet completely dismiss a day the hosts hold very dear in their hearts.

Educate yourself. Read about the late King of Thailand. He was an exceptional man.
I probably know more about the late King than most locals, since they aren't allow to read what I've read.

My wife and daughter are Thai, and they don't go in for the worship of the elite thingy.

Or the voodoo magic of Religion / Buddhism / Wats, and can't remember when either went to one.

Free Thinkers in this family.

UP2U, worship what and how ever you please, but save the judgement.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

laphanphon wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:12 am
Lost wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:55 am

I probably know more about the late King than most locals, since they aren't allow to read what I've read.

My wife and daughter are Thai, and they don't go in for the worship of the elite thingy.

Or the voodoo magic of Religion / Buddhism / Wats, and can't remember when either went to one.

Free Thinkers in this family.

UP2U, worship what and how ever you please, but save the judgement.
DING DING DING, we have a winner.

The 'I Know More About Thai Royalty Than the Locals' award goes to laphanphon.

Congrats mate. They only grew up with him for 60 years, maybe. You maybe read a book at best. Pat on the back fella.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

You haven't a clue about me. Save you comments, and you won't look foolish.

There's a reason information is censored here. And since we can't even talk about it, is all you really need to know ..... nuff said.

Or is that too difficult for you to even understand.

Ignorance is Bliss

I'd suggest a book for you to read, that 'he' himself help pen......but it's banned here. There's irony for you :cheers:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Really nice video of the late King using his spoken English for the duration. Don't worry about the crappy title of video.
If you fancy yourself a good reader of the Thai mindset, give yourself a go. He was a good man, put into a position of such power at a ridiculous age, yet managed to stay grounded. The people's King.

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

May we remind forum users that ANY discussion on THAI MONARCHY is not permitted by THAI LAW.

Thread locked.