Pranburi Reservoir

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Pranburi Reservoir

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Hi

We will next be in Hua Hin in March and are thinking of going to see Pranburi reservoir. Is it worth a look?

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Pranburi Reservoir

Post by caller »

I would say yes, it's pretty impressive, albeit the view and dam is all there is. Why not combine it with a visit to nearby Wat Huay Monkol and have lunch at the vineyard, to round the trip off. A nice scenic drive with great views to enjoy over lunch.
Talk is cheap
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thank you Caller. I was thinking about going to the Wat while in that area. Will give the vineyard a try.

:cheers: :thumb:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Kraka's Dad wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pm Thank you Caller. I was thinking about going to the Wat while in that area. Will give the vineyard a try. :cheers: :thumb:
I would suggest to stay away on the weekends! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thanks I will keep that in mind.

:cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Kraka's Dad wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pm Thank you Caller. I was thinking about going to the Wat while in that area. Will give the vineyard a try.

:cheers: :thumb:
There is a route on unmade roads from past the vineyard to the back of the reservoir though the hills that is worth a look providing you have the right vehicle. You don't need four wheel drive but I wouldn't do it in a new saloon car, a normal pickup truck or similar is fine.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, my Satnav took me that way once - the very first time I went to the vineyard - very interesting/different.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:57 am Yes, my Satnav took me that way once - the very first time I went to the vineyard - very interesting/different.
I was surprised at how much pineapple farming goes on up in those hills and how unpopulated it is, I've sometimes gone for a drive up there on holiday weekends to get away from the traffic and crowds in town.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I believe this area is a major producer of pineapples in Thailand accounting for the biggest percentage of exports.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

While Pranburi reservoir is hardly worth a visit IMO unless nothing else to do or if you could boat on it the pineapples in this area are some of the best I have ever found ANYWHERE.