Hua Hin Forum server outage

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: Problems with logging in to the forum

Post by Ralfredo »

I had problems maybe one hour ago. OK now. Using Tapatalk if that matters.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hua Hin Forum server outage

Post by Lev »

We apologize for the brief outage. Our domain auto renew system wasnt very automatic! All back to normal again now.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I can view on Tapatalk but not on Safari?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:I can view on Tapatalk but not on Safari?

I still can’t access via Safari - anybody elsf having the same issue?

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It comes up ok on my Safari. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well I’ve tried deleting it and reinstalling and turned my iPad off and back on but it still won’t open and yet on Tapatalk it works fine!!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 pm Well I’ve tried deleting it and reinstalling and turned my iPad off and back on but it still won’t open and yet on Tapatalk it works fine!!
The IPad Safari I can't help with unfortunately. I tested it on a laptop after your first post.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I am still having a problem with it using MS Edge. It keeps diverting to some advertising site, plus on a couple of occasions comes up with some virus warning.

I have deleted the cache several times and also rebooted Windows 10. The first attempt after a reboot it opens instantly, and the next time I try it comes up with the page that says the site has expired. Damn annoying to say the least!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

When there's changes with a domain no matter how minor and temporary, sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the site to propagate around the world to all servers. It can be instant in some places and with some ISP's, and it can indeed be up to 24 hours with others. I experienced this over and over again publishing my business websites in an earlier life. I would think by early tomorrow morning all should be normal. Pete :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Yes, could well be, Pete. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:39 pm When there's changes with a domain no matter how minor and temporary, sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the site to propagate around the world to all servers. It can be instant in some places and with some ISP's, and it can indeed be up to 24 hours with others. I experienced this over and over again publishing my business websites in an earlier life. I would think by early tomorrow morning all should be normal. Pete :cheers:
This. Couldn't get it to work on any platform, browser or device yesterday despite resetting, clearing caches, cookies etc. This morning, without making any further changes, it works fine everywhere.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:39 pm When there's changes with a domain no matter how minor and temporary, sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the site to propagate around the world to all servers. It can be instant in some places and with some ISP's, and it can indeed be up to 24 hours with others.:
This is correct, the actual outage was less than six hours on Feb 1st when the domain expired. It has been working fine ever since so any further issues are ISP or local browser/platform cache problems and beyond our control. A hard refresh and clearing cache should solve them.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lev wrote:
PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:39 pm When there's changes with a domain no matter how minor and temporary, sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the site to propagate around the world to all servers. It can be instant in some places and with some ISP's, and it can indeed be up to 24 hours with others.:
This is correct, the actual outage was less than six hours on Feb 1st when the domain expired. It has been working fine ever since so any further issues are ISP or local browser/platform cache problems and beyond our control. A hard refresh and clearing cache should solve them.
I’m not very IT savvy but I couldn’t get the Forum to load on my iPad using Safari or trying in Chrome but I use a VPN linked to the UK so I turned the VPN off, tried again and I could get onto the Forum. I’ve turned the VPN back on and all seems ok!!

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

The problem is with your "iPad using Safari" - not the forum.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lev wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:11 pm The problem is with your "iPad using Safari" - not the forum.
As I said above, it was not Safari, it was the fact that I had my VPN on located in the UK, as soon as I turned the VPN off I could access the forum using Safari and then when I turned the VPN back on, I could continue accessing the Forum using Safari. It’s been working perfectly ever since.