The Ministry of Silly Ideas

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

The Ministry of Silly Ideas

Post by Big Boy »

There is so much rubbish (Fake News???) published in the name of this ministry, I think it needs a thread of its own. In the beginning I used to believe the tosh that was put out, but eventually a pattern emerges, together with the realisation that it's all the Government playing mind games with the population. You can almost set your watch by when some stories will be published,

This annual chestnut has recently been taken out of its box again http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30364207

Next will be the banning of throwing water etc. They’re playing mind games all of the time. There is no wonder the Thai population just ignores the rubbish that some organisations go into print with.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: The Ministry of Silly Ideas

Post by handdrummer »

Alcohol Control Committee and Alcohol Policy Committee. They need an Alcohol Testing Committee and an Alcohol Tasting Committee to determine if Alcohol is Alcohol.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The 'visa website' has a lot to answer for with its constant stream of fake news and click-bait to get numbers and ad revenue up. A large slice of it is simply bullshit but people still suck it up.

Edit: I was forwarded a story yesterday from said source that the farang health insurance law had now been put into place. The real story is that it always was for the long term 'millionaire visa', so no new news, just more click bait.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Records show between 50 and 60 per cent of adults get behind the wheel even after drinking. The percentage is even higher among those aged younger than 20 years
What records are these? Absolute twaddle!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Irrespective of whether the figures are accurate or not, what difference will banning alcohol for one day have on the overall fatality rate - diddly squat, especially as those likely to break the law will have bought bottles in advance!! It’s all back to the basics of getting the BIB to get out there and pull over the offenders, take away their keys and ban them for a year - of course it will never happen in my lifetime