Bank verification of overseas income

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Bank verification of overseas income

Post by ric »

Greetings All,
Went to my Kasikorn Bank branch office for info on what I needed for my retirement visa renewal in 2 months. They had a form letter (in Thai script) that they would give me stating I had minimum 800k THB in my savings account for at least 3 months prior to my visit to Chang Wattana Immigration for renewal. Also, the date on the letter would correspond to the day of renewal request.
I've heard that if it is your first time applying for a renewal under the "new" rules that you should be prepared to show that the money came from outside Thailand. The bank gave me copies of credit/receipts
showing each time that I had wired the money in from The U.S..
My questions- I wonder if these credit/receipts are enough verification for Immigration ?
Has anyone had this experience ?
Thank you in advance for any info.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Re: Bank verification of overseas income

Post by T.O.M. »

If it is not your first extension there is no requirement to prove the origin of the 800k....new rules or not.
The new rules require that your 800k is seasoned TWO months before your filing date and has to stay in your account THREE months after your extension date, which can be almost 4 months after your filing date...depending on how early you apply for the extension.
Again...if it is not your first extension based on the 800k.....don't make life more complicated for yourself...just get your normal bank-letter from the bank offices at Chang Wattana and you are good to go for another year.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ric »

This is my first extension. What do I need to show the origin of the 800k and that it has been in my account for the appropriate time period ? Other than my bank book of course.
Anyone had to do this lately ?
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

It is as T.O.M. has told you in the above post !! Forget the origin if this is your fist extension
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Since all these changes came about under “Big Joke” command in an attempt to shut down the visa brokers and he’s been removed from that position, I’d say the rules can be expected to change again.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ric »

musungu wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:02 pm It is as T.O.M. has told you in the above post !! Forget the origin if this is your fist extension

I think you have misread T.O.M.'s post. He said if it is NOT my first extension, forget about the origin of the 800K. But it IS my first extension.

Thank you for your reply. I'm just trying to be prepared for what Immigration wants.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

"There is no requirement to prove the source of the 400k baht in the bank. No need to prove it came from abroad.

There is no requirement to prove the 800k baht came from abroad for an extension based upon retirement either."
Above a quote from the 'visa-guru' on another forum .....posted yesterday

So my advice to you will be.....Make a minor transaction in your savings account in your banks branch in Chang Wattana on the day of your extension, so your account is up to date. AFTER that you request the bank-letter confirming that the account is indeed yours and the amount present in the account. Copy of the main page of the bank book (name and account no) + copy of the last printed page of the bank book....AFTER the transaction on the same day (confirming the TWO months seasoning ) + the original bank letter.....That should IMO satisfy imm's economic requirements.
As for the credit/receipts.....keep them in your bag....unless asked for.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ric »

Thank you T.O.M.! Is there a Kasikorn bank branch downstairs at Chang Wattana ? I can"t recall.
ric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ric »

ric wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 pm Thank you T.O.M.! Is there a Kasikorn bank branch downstairs at Chang Wattana ? I can"t recall.

Yes, I found out there is a Kasikorn Bank office at Chang Wattana Government Complex bldg. B .
Answered my own question ! lol !!
Thanks again for your info T.O.M.