Which health insurance can you recommend

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Socrates

Which health insurance can you recommend

Post by Socrates »

The time to move to Thailand is arriving soon.

For my angel I am looking for a health insurance where she can stay till end of live with unlimeted age. Now she is 43 never ill before.

I know the discussion about insurance and I don’t want to start again.

Thank you for every advice.
buksida

Re: Which health insurance can you recommend

Post by buksida »

You should contact Matt at AA - very helpful on all things insurance related: http://www.huahinmedia.com/insureinthailand.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

buksida wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:43 am You should contact Matt at AA - very helpful on all things insurance related: http://www.huahinmedia.com/insureinthailand.php
I'll second this. I've never gotten health here but have looked into it twice, both times with Matt. He was very helpful in pointing out different options and was very patient. I have my auto with him and am very happy.

Matt, if you read this I may still one day go with the health.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Yes, I recommend AA insurance brokers. They will give you lots of info and comparisons depending on your requirements and you won’t be paying any extra buy going through them.

I’m in the same position as migrant, have other insurance with them but still deciding on health.

In my own opinion you will struggle to find anything that is of good value.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

Thank you for this informations all together. I will contact him asap.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Insurance--the names are incorrect. Life insurance is really Death Insurance, it pays out when you die. Health Insurance is really Illness insurance it pays put when you are ill.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

In Germany we realy call it „illness-insurance“.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The health care system in Germany is based on four basic principles: Compulsory insurance: Everyone must have statutory health insurance ("gesetzliche Krankenversicherung" – GKV) provided that their gross earnings are under a fixed limit ("Versicherungspflichtgrenze").

I love those long German words.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

But we have stupid politicans... the illnessinsurances for normal people make billions profit and store it in the accounts, instead of paying better salary to nurses. At least no nurses want to work in the hospitals and that who do, are working double duty and getting burnout.

If this is going on, the insurances have money to finance the gouvernment one year but in the hospitals and in the home for elder people’s, we will have same conditions than in Thailands public hospitals.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:58 pm Insurance--the names are incorrect. Life insurance is really Death Insurance, it pays out when you die. Health Insurance is really Illness insurance it pays put when you are ill.
Not strictly correct:
Insurance is defined as an arrangement, in which the insurer commits to indemnify the loss or damage caused to the insured due to natural calamity or any other event whose happening is not certain, for special consideration.
Assurance refers to the agreement in which the insurer provides cover of an event, which will happen sooner or later, such as death.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!