Unlocking a I phone

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
migrant
Addict
Addict

Unlocking a I phone

Post by migrant »

I brought back, from the states, a new Iphone for my wife. It needs to be unlocked. My wife is worried that she may leave a Iphone with someone and get a clone back. Anyone know a trustworthy place to unlock the phone?

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Re: Unlocking a I phone

Post by musungu »

migrant wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:01 pm I brought back, from the states, a new Iphone for my wife. It needs to be unlocked. My wife is worried that she may leave a Iphone with someone and get a clone back. Anyone know a trustworthy place to unlock the phone?

Why is it locked if you bought it new?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Don't think that you would need to leave it with anyone, unless you had to send it out somewhere. I have no idea if they can or not, but on the top floor of Market Village yesterday I saw one of the dozens of small stalls there with a sign up in English: "I can unlock your phone". :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

I had mine done at one of the stalls on 3rd floor Market Village, while I waited and watched. Just took a few minutes. Heavyset technician, highly skilled, in stall very near new PEA location. I’ve used this same technician several times over the years for various things, he’s good, knows his stuff, very capable.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks all!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

In addition to the above comments,there is a small repair kiosk/shop on the right hand side as you enter the 3rd floor from the cinema end.
They unlocked a new phone i purchased in the Philippines whilst i waited,charged 50 baht.